Hello!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelleparafin

Reaction score
I was just visiting a shop asking for a quotation for a set of Klipsch home theater speakers, and after discussing a while and looking at different equipment, they asked me if I wanted to listen to Martin Logan.

I don't think so I answered, they put on the music (with ML Summit), and the sound was amazing.

After some days, I received the Klipsch quotation, but I could not forget the sound of the Martin Logan. So I started to check around and found out that this was something special.

So I decided to buy the Vantage thinking this was almost Summit sound for just a little bit more than Vista price. But then the shop didn't have Vantage in stock. I dont like to wait for things, so I listened to both Vista and Summit. Vista was good, but I was decided on Vantage, so I thought that it was just to go all the way and bought the Summit.

Then, my original idea was to buy a home theater system, so I ended up with my truck full of speakers with Summit as front, Montage as surround and Cinema i as center. That was what they had in stock, i am waiting for Depth sub.

I already had bought a Denon 3808 receiver. This plays good with the system, I am very happy with it for home theater, but for music, I think it can get a lot better with a more serious amplifier. The Montage speakers surprised me, they also play excelent, but the Cinema i is just ok.

I am thinking to buy an integrated amplifier for music, and then use it as a power amplifier for Summit with the Denon as pre for HT. I am looking at Krell KAV-400xi and the Norwegian Hegel H200, both 200W and able to handle low impedance. So what do you think about this? Other good options?

This was a long message.

Be careful don't listen to ML, it can be expensive...

P.

I am now looking at three options for integrated amplifier for music and power for surround:

Krell KAV400xi
Hegel H200
Musical Fidelity A5.5

Also I wonder if digital amplifiers such as Lyngdorf Tdai 2200 can be an option. How is the combination of electrostatic speakers and digital amplifiers. The amplifier for the subs of Summit is digital as I understand...

The room correction of this is it better than the Audyssey in Denon?

P.

welcome pelleparafin, That is an amazing first ML purchase considering that you didn't want to listen to them.

I have to say I have no experience with the amps you are looking at for music.

I am sure I might receive some contrary comments but unless you listen to very little music move slowly and think about very good amplification for your summits. They deserve to be driven by an amp or amps that will do them justice and you deserve to hear what they can do.

I'm sure others will offer options for integrated that will match your choices.

And again, holy crap that is one heck of a first purchase.

Keep us up to date as your system progresses and post pics.

Back