Hello audiophile friends!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigtickets

Reaction score
I have been a HUGE ml fan from the moment I heard a pair of odyssey's a number of years ago. Recently I have purchased a pair of vista's and they sound great. It is set up in a two channel system with a velodyne dls-15. Running the system is a NAD T-754. Playback is through a Toshiba SD 2200 optically linked. The room is about 22' wide by 28' long with 28' ceilings. Considering that I have a decent sub, would upgrading to the Vantages with their internally powered woofers be worth the additional money? Eventually I am going to set the whole room up for a theta system (seperate amps, etc) but first things first. I will post my system as it is now soon. Thanks for any advice!!!

Playback is through a Toshiba SD 2200 optically linked. The room is about 22' wide by 28' long with 28' ceilings. Considering that I have a decent sub, would upgrading to the Vantages with their internally powered woofers be worth the additional money?

Is that a room or a WAREHOUSE! OMG! I would say having the powered sub would negate the need or the significant benefit of a woofer upgrade. YMMV.

Welcome to the group! We have all types here and it is a fun group of enthusiasts!

Holly Molly !!!!! 28' ceiling !!!!! Is it safe to assume that's a typo and should read 8' ceiling ???? if not how the hell do you heat / AC that room !!!

Regardless.........WELCOME !!

Welcome -- a loft or mezzanine with a 12' ceiling would be nice?

I have been a HUGE ml fan from the moment I heard a pair of odyssey's a number of years ago. Recently I have purchased a pair of vista's and they sound great. It is set up in a two channel system with a velodyne dls-15. Running the system is a NAD T-754. Playback is through a Toshiba SD 2200 optically linked. The room is about 22' wide by 28' long with 28' ceilings. Considering that I have a decent sub, would upgrading to the Vantages with their internally powered woofers be worth the additional money? Eventually I am going to set the whole room up for a theta system (seperate amps, etc) but first things first. I will post my system as it is now soon. Thanks for any advice!!!

22 x 28 x 28...Gawd, forget about the vantages...Go Statements, Go Statements Go, Go....

No typo.

Room size is 22 x 28 x 28 with a mezzanine open to the second floor and a small loft on the third floor. I WILL BE TAKING DONATIONS FOR THE STATEMENTS FUND!!! Kruppy and Bernard, i appreciate you guys getting it started for me. LOL

Room size is 22 x 28 x 28 with a mezzanine open to the second floor and a small loft on the third floor. I WILL BE TAKING DONATIONS FOR THE STATEMENTS FUND!!! Kruppy and Bernard, i appreciate you guys getting it started for me. LOL

I can throw in my two cents (well...already did). Hey, at least it's better than Bernard's handshake.:D

Last edited:

Wow! In that case, forget Vistas and Vantages. You need Summits or Prodigies (or, of course, Statements) for that room! And I have two words for you: Bass Traps! The room modes are going to be awful with dimensions like that.

Seriously, though. If you like the Vistas and they match well with your sub, then just be happy. But you might want to audition a pair of Vantages or Summits just or a Descent i just to see if there is a big improvement.

I am absolutely serious about the acoustic treatments. That is probably the biggest bang for the buck improvement you can make in your current setup.

Back