Descent Sub-Woofer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waboman

Reaction score
I was moving some stuff around tonight, and realized I haven't touched my sub in years. I pulled off the grill and was looking at my settings. I'm wondering what the recommended settings for the descent are? Thanks.

That all depends on your main speakers and the positioning and the room. If you have decent mains that will go lower than 40 hz the X over will be diferent than a smaller set that will only do 50 to 70 hz satalites. Phase will be something that is adjusted as you like and get the best bass. The best way to set the volume is with a test disc and a spl meter.

I'm using the Prodigys as my main speakers. I have the Descent crossover set at 40Hz. I was wondering about the phase and options. Thanks!

Cap is right. The best way to set the output level (volume) is using an SPL meter and test tones, to make sure you have consistent output with your main speakers. Phase is different depending on where the sub is placed in the room in relation to the main speakers. The best way to adjust phase is to sit in your main listening chair listening to a bass heavy track while someone else adjusts between the phase settings. The setting where you have the best bass is where you want to leave it.

Thanks guys!!

When setting the output level with a SPL, I use my pre/pro and set the volumes for all the speakers. What should I have the volume on the Descent itself set at?

It is not "where do I set it" is but that the sub disappears within the room. I would do what has been suggested and then as far as volume have someone else, if you can, adjust the volume until it is too high. When it is too high, you will be able to pick out where the sub is in the room, by "localizing" it and saying there is the sub. At that point, lower the volume until you can not tell where it is but still have the bass you prefer and you are go to go!:music:

Jeff:cool:

Muchas gracias!! I appreciate the feedback and will "play" with it tonight. :rocker:

My new Pioneer Kuro will be delivered tomorrow and I'm moving stuff around a bit. It's funny, I really haven't touched my Logans since they were placed in their positions years ago.

Back