Cracker in concert?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audiophiliac

Reaction score
I am torn. There is a show in Sun Valley, ID this saturday. Cracker is playing, as is, Soul Asylum. While I like Soul Asylum (who knew they were still around doing shows?), I am really more interested in seeing Cracker.

Talk me into it or out of it. It is not an expensive show. And it will likely be a small, cozy venue. The only bummer is it is a 2 1/2 hour drive each way. :):rocker:

Seen them at the Lone Star and Mercury Lounge in NYC, Skippers in Tampa. Now I'm always somewhere else when they are in town which in itself is a rarity.
Go! Rent a room. Drag some friends. Time is short.

I saw Camper Van Beethoven back in the 80s.. Phenomenal band to see at a small venue. I think Cracker performs some CVB tunes in concert, so I think it would be AWESOME to see them.

I saw Camper Van Beethoven back in the 80s.. Phenomenal band to see at a small venue. I think Cracker performs some CVB tunes in concert, so I think it would be AWESOME to see them.

+1

Take the skinheads bowling...take them bowling...

Saw CVB when they opened for R.E.M. on the "Life's Rich Pagent" tour circa 86 or 87, I think. CVB was excellent. Not too sure about Cracker though.

they have strong following here in the front range.(they are locals here) i would recommend that you go to cotapers.org, sign up for a free account and download some of there tapes to hear for yourself(free to download too), that should tell you if its worth the drive or not. i havent made it to see them yet because they are always playing when im already committed otherwise, but many of my friends tell me i must see them soon, friends who i trust their opinion on live music.

I am torn. There is a show in Sun Valley, ID this saturday. Cracker is playing, as is, Soul Asylum. While I like Soul Asylum (who knew they were still around doing shows?), I am really more interested in seeing Cracker.

Talk me into it or out of it. It is not an expensive show. And it will likely be a small, cozy venue. The only bummer is it is a 2 1/2 hour drive each way. :):rocker:

Both bands are good, I have seen both more than once.

Everything short of hunting or camping is at least a 2 1/2 hour drive or more from Boise, so go check it out, make a day and possibly a night of it.

Life's short, just not the drive to get there, hopefully.:D

Show has been cancelled. Who would have thought that the WinterSol Festival was held outdoors in the middle of mountaineous Idaho winter? :) I do not know who pansied out...the promoters or the band(s), but I will not be seeing either this time.

Latest posts

Back