CLXs on display at DaVinci Media in Milwaukee - 25th Anniversary Sale in progress!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaVinci Media

MLO Vendor
Reaction score
Our CLXs have finally arrived. We invite all Martin Logan Club members to visit us and listen to these amazing loudspeakers.

At the moment we have special pricing on almost all Martin Logan models in celebration of the 25th anniversary. Also, let us know you are a Martin Logan Owners Club member and we will be happy to give you the best possible price we can offer.

We will have a special event with Martin Logan and Mark Levinson in Mid August (13th or 20th) and would love to have all of you attend. In the meantime if there is a group that would like to set something up earlier please let us know.

How dare you post this without pics.

Now post them...:D

Our CLXs have finally arrived. We invite all Martin Logan Club members to visit us and listen to these amazing loudspeakers.

At the moment we have special pricing on almost all Martin Logan models in celebration of the 25th anniversary. Also, let us know you are a Martin Logan Owners Club member and we will be happy to give you the best possible price we can offer.

We will have a special event with Martin Logan and Mark Levinson in Mid August (13th or 20th) and would love to have all of you attend. In the meantime if there is a group that would like to set something up earlier please let us know.

Shawn,

Is it broken in yet? What are your impressions?

How does the midrange compare to the Summit and Spire? What do the extra dollars spent over these speakers buy you?

How different is the bass? How well integrated is the bass? Would you recommend a sub?

How does it compare to the Revel? I imagine the Revel may be more analytical sounding, but what are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Is it not a bit dangerous to ask a dealer what he thinks, David?

Anyway, I'll second David's request - if only to see how it is dealt with:) And I am sure some pics would help to draw the punter's in...

Here's a pick

Sorry I was gone a few days. Here they are in the showroom.

Attachments

• clx.jpg
    clx.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 408
Wow!

They look great. I really don't know how so many people were turned off by how they looked when Tom released the initial photpgraphs.

I just deposited some DNA in my shorts when I saw that picture.

Can't wait to see some of these in a Member System!

can I get a pic that is in focus?

I wish I could see the detail of those beauties. when looking at the pics on ml's website you can't get a good idea of what they really look like.

what is your address

I can not believe your address is on your website are you open on mondays are you a store or a service your website does not really say.I may want to upgrade my rotel1095 that drives my spires stage and clarity speakers.

Address and hours

I can not believe your address is on your website are you open on mondays are you a store or a service your website does not really say.I may want to upgrade my rotel1095 that drives my spires stage and clarity speakers.

We are located in Downtown Milwaukee, 108 W Wells Suite 2a. We do not post hours, most are done by appt. That being said we are here during the day from 9-4 at least. I will meet with you at any time though, just call and we can set it up. 414-975-5986 is my mobile.

Shawn

Looks great!

Two questions if I may:

1. How big is the screen? (width and height)
2. Does the aluminum frame reflect the light from the projector?

Answers for JFM

Looks great!

Two questions if I may:

1. How big is the screen? (width and height)
2. Does the aluminum frame reflect the light from the projector?

1. It is 49 tall and 87 or 115 wide depending on aspect ratio. We use it with a Runco VX-2ix with cinewide autoscope.

2. The aluminum frame is not a more reflective surface than the rails on onther MLs. It is just somewhat more noticable because it is the lighter color on a dark background.

Shawn - I really liked the CLX demo in Seattle, and have been mulling over a purchase. If so, it would be in a multi-use setup where I'd have a front projection screen inbetween the ML's, and have to get a new ML center channel to put below the screen.

One thing I've been wondering, (since I don't have ML's now) is whether in a completely blacked out viewing room, ML mains (and perhaps center) slightly reflect back a bit of ambient light from the projector to the viewing position. In other words, when you turn out all the lights and watch a movie, do the CLX ML's disappear? Or can you see a glow/reflection from the projector ambient light from the viewing seats?

I'm wondering not only about the trim, but the fiber element itself. When lights are on, I can see reflections from them.

Back