CLS interface T-nuts

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmanusa

Reaction score
I am interested in possibly getting stands for my original CLSs. One question I have concerns the Sound Anchors stands and it may apply to other stands for the CLS as well. Does anyone know whether the power supply/interface module T-nut locations are the same for both the original CLS and the CLS II series?

The reason why I ask is that the Sound Anchors stands apparently attach to the CLS frame using these T-nuts. I seem to recall reading somewhere (perhaps on this site) that the positions in the frame where these T-nuts are mounted for the CLS and CLS II series are not the same.

The bolt/nut locations are: 2.25" vertically and 18.32" horizontally (standard 19" rack dimensions) for the CLS II. I think it is the same for the CLS.

The bolt/nut locations are: 2.25" vertically and 18.32" horizontally (standard 19" rack dimensions) for the CLS II. I think it is the same for the CLS.

Interesting, I just measured my CLS and I get 2.25" vertically but 18" horizontally, center to center. Measuring horizontally with the interface in place is a bit more difficult but I double checked it and it is 18".

Interesting, I just measured my CLS and I get 2.25" vertically but 18" horizontally, center to center. Measuring horizontally with the interface in place is a bit more difficult but I double checked it and it is 18".
Yeah, I had the same problem measuring, my unit is bolted to the stands/panel. But the thing is, the holes on the interface chassis are horizontally slotted anyway, and second, 18.32" is the standard horiz. c.c. hole spacing for standard 19" rackmount chassis (which the interface unit is.)

Standard vertical hole spacing on equipment racks is 5/8", 5/8", 1/2", 5/8", 5/8", 1/2", . . . . . etc.
So you can see where the 2-1/4" comes from.

Yeah, I had the same problem measuring, my unit is bolted to the stands/panel. But the thing is, the holes on the interface chassis are horizontally slotted anyway, and second, 18.32" is the standard horiz. c.c. hole spacing for standard 19" rackmount chassis (which the interface unit is.)

Standard vertical hole spacing on equipment racks is 5/8", 5/8", 1/2", 5/8", 5/8", 1/2", . . . . . etc.
So you can see where the 2-1/4" comes from.

You have the Sound Anchor stands, yes? Do the stand assemblies bolt to the CLS panels directly? Are the stand holes slotted at all?

You have the Sound Anchor stands, yes? Do the stand assemblies bolt to the CLS panels directly?
Yes. You need longer bolts, but they come with the stands.
Are the stand holes slotted at all?
I don't recall, and I hope you'll forgive me if I don't try to find out now :eek:

Back