CLS I and CLS II sound shaping filter question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Thanks Guys in advance.
I have received a set of new CLS I panels which will be run of a II supply.
I ordered the wrong panels having forgotten a swap I had done 6 years ago. Due to this being my mistake and the costs involved I am stuck with this combination.
I have spoken with Jim [a fantastic asset to Martin Logan and to us owners] and he has provided circuit details re the differances in supplies.

A question he was not prepared to answer [and I understand his position].

Does anyone know or have the specific differance between the CLS I and CLS II sound shaping filters, i.e what changes to the filters where made and would be recomended for maximum benifit. Is there a tech here that can understand the schematics and advise as such. I am not worried about the supply voltage or the impedance differances only the frequancy responce differance if there is one.

I have had this combination runing [with old panels] for 6 years so I know it works just curious re improvement with circuit changes in frequancy response now I have new panels and the desire to improve.

Re circuit diagrams, I do not know if these are confidential to Martin Logan so I will not publically publish in respect to Jim and copyright but will provide to appropriate knowlidgable person able to read and assist me if required.

Again many thanks in advance

My how things have changed!

The Jim of old would have shipped you a new pair of panels faster than a politician would change his opinion on a hot button issue. The new ownership is taking hold. Either that or ML is feeling a severe financial crunch.

How could that info be proprietary? The product is discontinued and you are a customer.
Sigh.:(
Gregadd:cool:

With ALL of the Tweeter stores closing and many of the existing Logan dealers being hit hard by the economic conditions it wouldn't surprise me if things at ML are a bit tight. They are everywhere else.

Back