Classé CP 800!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a nice bit of gear and I've sorta been following it since announcement. Still unclear to me how Classe has implemented the PEQ i.e. how many filters and how set-up by the user. Depending upon your desired feature set, you might also consider the DEQX HDP-3 and Trinnov ST2-Hifi. All are in roughly the same price range.

Hi bzr,

Can't speak to the 800 but I've owned a couple of Classe pieces.

A very reputable hi end firm and their stuff is built like the proverbial brick s**t house. No need to worry about the manufacturer. Only issue is whether the 800 meets your price / point / performance needs.

GG

Having heard it, I would say that it is a bargain for what it is and does. It sounds fantastic! The USB implementation is excellent. The addition of ethernet for Airplay and other possible uses in the future is brilliant. And as mentioned, when you pop the hood on a Classe, you have no choice but to be impressed with the build quality. Circuit layout is as much art as science. If all you need is a nudge to get you over the edge to buy it, here is me shoving you. :)

If you are looking for alternatives, might I make 1 suggestion to explore? The new Peachtree Audio Grand Pre is available (Integrated amp to come soon), and it is also a killer piece IMHO. Is it built as well as the Classe? I have not seen its guts, but the chassis is beautiful. Peachtree has built their reputation in the digital music market and they do it well. This is their statement piece and IMHO is even more of a bargain than the Classe. Of course, I have not heard it, let alone compared it to the Classe so cannot say if one is better than the other.

Thanks for the replies, gents. I have to wait until Feb/March for an in house demo so for the moment have bought an OPPO BDP-95 & am running it straight into my Sanders Magtech amp & on to the speakers. Very impressed.

Latest posts

Back