Bi-amplify!!!! Qsc tweak

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete,

Dollars may or may not be reflective of a musical system. Having a system that approaches seven figures means nothing to me. What matters is the sound and how that system connects you with the music.

I've heard many a system that cost a lot more than what I have in mine and sound far less musical. Hopefully, you realize that many hi end systems are sold to wealthy individuals who may or may not have a clue regarding what is, or is not, musical.

They rely on the advice of their dealer, who may or may not have a clue, regarding the same.

As far as QSC goes, I never indicated they were bad, etc. I just questioned your basic premise that I, amongst others, were uniformed and that we were needlessly spending money on amplication that was, in your opinion, unnecessary to attain accurate, musical, engaging sound reproduction in our home systems.

GG

I agree

Pete,

Dollars may or may not be reflective of a musical system. Having a system that approaches seven figures means nothing to me. What matters is the sound and how that system connects you with the music.

I've heard many a system that cost a lot more than what I have in mine and sound far less musical. Hopefully, you realize that many hi end systems are sold to wealthy individuals who may or may not have a clue regarding what is, or is not, musical.

They rely on the advice of their dealer, who may or may not have a clue, regarding the same.

As far as QSC goes, I never indicated they were bad, etc. I just questioned your basic premise that I, amongst others, were uniformed and that we were needlessly spending money on amplication that was, in your opinion, unnecessary to attain accurate, musical, engaging sound reproduction in our home systems.

GG

Well for the record, I totally couldn't agree more as far as people having & spending more than they should for an excellent experience, but somehow I still don't think you understood my original intent. I wasn't trying to say that people are dumb or fooled into buying gear because of esthetics, even though some unfortunately are, what I was implying is that it's about the sound, and my closing statement was only said because I wanted readers to know that I have "experienced ear" that's all, I didn't mean it in a pompus way at all.......................but happy listening.

Seriously Tone, you saying that Pro audio is built for abuse, and not sound quality is ridiculous, that's like saying that all the thousands of dollars spent on studio equipment is useless because at the end of the day, it will sound better than the studio master because you are hearing the music out of you ML's!!!!!

Uh, that is what I'm saying and ask just about any recording engineer and they'll tell you the same thing. Other than a few audiophile labels, none of the majors have audiophile systems to play master tapes back on.

Remember, music is made for the masses. It's really just a happy accident that records sound as good as they do.

Your paragraph doesn't really make much sense, but if your saying that my system sounds better than what the master tape sounds like in the studio, that's certainly correct for the couple I've been in. I've heard the sound in Steve Hoffman's studio as well as Mobile Fidelity and I've definitely got better sound.

Recording engineers for the most part use their system as a tool, often times they are looking for a different frequency balance, etc, so they can hear the flaws in a recording more easily than just listening to music.

Ask any tour manager what they look for in a power amplifier and most will say, "Something that can fall out of an airplane without a parachute and still work." To prove my point, when was the last time you went to a live performance with amplified music and heard anywhere near the quality and resolution of your system at home? I go to about 70 concerts a year, all over the world and I've never heard it.

Most of the "thousands of dollars" spent on equipment in recording studios is either for high quality recorders, 48 - 96 track mixing consoles and hopefully good mics. A very small part of the budget is usually invested in amplifiers and studio monitor speakers.

Most of the music we all know and love from the 60's and 70's was usually mastered on a pair of lousy JBL 4311's (Century 100's) or even worse, the Yamaha NS-10's.

If you're in love with the QSC amps that's great. Anyone who's installed QSC amplifiers in a million dollar system does not have terribly discerning taste or just doesn't know any better. Either way, that's pretty sad.

Last edited:
really pretty and cool looking with brushed aluminum face plates, and dreamy blue lights

GX3 Stereo Power Amplifier
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/QSC-GX3-Stereo-Power-Amplifier?sku=481804
544556.jpg

I see a pretty silver face and dreamy red and green lights.

I'm sold.

:D

Sarcasm appreciated!!!!

GX3 Stereo Power Amplifier
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/QSC-GX3-Stereo-Power-Amplifier?sku=481804
544556.jpg

I see a pretty silver face and dreamy red and green lights.

I'm sold.

:D

The power light shines Blue when it's powered on, it's so funny to me how people hate on good deals like this amp, I will gladly sell whoever hundreds of thousands of dollars on audiophile equipment who can afford & appreciate them for their different qualities, I was truly just stating how good of an amp it is for such a low cost, I'm a dealer, I can own just about whatever I want , but the true joy to me is to find things like this amp which is "pennies on the dollar" and just about anyone can afford it, that's what it's all about for me. Also if you look around theirs non-audiophiles who swear to the awesome sound of this amp as well.

Lovin the music

Uh, that is what I'm saying and ask just about any recording engineer and they'll tell you the same thing. Other than a few audiophile labels, none of the majors have audiophile systems to play master tapes back on.

Remember, music is made for the masses. It's really just a happy accident that records sound as good as they do.

Your paragraph doesn't really make much sense, but if your saying that my system sounds better than what the master tape sounds like in the studio, that's certainly correct for the couple I've been in. I've heard the sound in Steve Hoffman's studio as well as Mobile Fidelity and I've definitely got better sound.

Recording engineers for the most part use their system as a tool, often times they are looking for a different frequency balance, etc, so they can hear the flaws in a recording more easily than just listening to music.

Ask any tour manager what they look for in a power amplifier and most will say, "Something that can fall out of an airplane without a parachute and still work." To prove my point, when was the last time you went to a live performance with amplified music and heard anywhere near the quality and resolution of your system at home? I go to about 70 concerts a year, all over the world and I've never heard it.

Most of the "thousands of dollars" spent on equipment in recording studios is either for high quality recorders, 48 - 96 track mixing consoles and hopefully good mics. A very small part of the budget is usually invested in amplifiers and studio monitor speakers.

Most of the music we all know and love from the 60's and 70's was usually mastered on a pair of lousy JBL 4311's (Century 100's) or even worse, the Yamaha NS-10's.

If you're in love with the QSC amps that's great. Anyone who's installed QSC amplifiers in a million dollar system does not have terribly discerning taste or just doesn't know any better. Either way, that's pretty sad.

The last musical event I was at was listening to "Grimey Styles" live at a dive-bar off of Colfax here in Denver, the music sounded wonderful by the way, they were using JBL Monitors and different amps, but it sounded pretty unbelievable, it's good you get to go to so many different live events, in all honesty, I have never heard a system in my life that sounded like or similar to a live performance, probably because in a concert they are playing with 5-20 times the amplification as well as sound monitors they have rigged all over the place, were lucky to enjoy what we hear at home on whatever we play it back on, but we can get a "piece" of what you get from a well played live performance if the room acoustics is set up right with enough clean amplification and room reverberation. And RSI's system sales are about $200K, I doubt if the people buying or selling don't know what they are doing, that's just bologna!!!!!!

were lucky to enjoy what we hear at home on whatever we play it back on, but we can get a "piece" of what you get from a well played live performance if the room acoustics is set up right with enough clean amplification and room reverberation.

sorry.. enough said... I was holding my tounge because I use pro amplification..for my subs only.

but really I am astounded that you believe live sound is better!!! really? really?

I too go to tons of concerts and live music events and have in my life heard only one that sounded as good as the cd regardless of the system!

live sound blows! I go for the performance for the entertainment of the band not the sound quality!

if you have to wear earplugs to keep from aquiring permanent hearing damage, you are not getting a quality listening experience!!! think of all the quality degredation those earlpugs cause!!! oy vey!

so sorry have to deagree.. live sound sucks compared to my system!!!!!

my 2 cents

I haven't been to a live rock concert in years so I can't comment on that experience.

However, I saw Holly Cole at Jazz Alley in Seattle last fall.

Terrific, intimate venue. Sonically stunning. Natural, dimensional, and totally engaging.

And the Owner let me stay for both sets.

GG

Latest posts

Back