Anyone here use cordless nailers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tj Bassi

Reaction score
With a few big remodeling projects coming up, I've thought about getting a cordless nailer. It used to be you would hear them on jobsites and obviously they were pneumatic (I dont have a compressor), but more and more I see carpenters carrying around cordless guns even for fairly large jobs.
Only Pasload makes a battery-powered framing gun, as far as I can tell, so it seems like one would need two guns, one framing, and one finish.
Any of you guys have a recommendation? I'd like to start out with a framing gun first, and since Craftsman tools went to sh*t, I've only used DeWalt stuff which has treated me well.

Thanks,
Tj

See if you can rent one from your local Home Depot rental department. If your nearest store doesn't have a rental department ask them where the closest ones are. My frameing crews give me mixed reviews on the relaiability of the battery powered nailers for heavy duty day-to-day use. But for an occasional project they seem to be fine.

Another recommendation is find the closest Harbor Frieght Tools and buy a compressor for about $170.00 The you can get a stud nailer and trim pin nailer and any other pneumatic tool you may like and then have the compressor avilable for filling tires, spraying paint, browing things clean with air...etc etc

I bought a Pasload finish nailer when my Senco pneumatic gun lost a seal and I could not wait for the service guy to show up. I have not used it on a long term application but after not having a hose attached its much nicer. As big a change as using a drill with a cord and going to battery. The quality seemed quite good and no complaints yet. No miss fire problems but a bit stinky with the gas burning.
As far as framing guns I have not used them but I would probably go with what Jerry said.
They take a lot of abuse and driving 3"-3 1/2" framing nails is hard even on pneumatic nailers.

"Another recommendation is find the closest Harbor Frieght Tools and buy a compressor for about $170.00 The you can get a stud nailer and trim pin nailer and any other pneumatic tool you may like and then have the compressor avilable for filling tires, spraying paint, browing things clean with air...etc etc".

My neighbor just bought this full set-up from Harbor Freight to finish his basement and has been very happy with the combo.

Latest posts

Back