Another dupont Registry Car Show...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audioseduction

Reaction score
All photos taken with my Canon Rebel XTi around 8:30 in the morning today. ENJOY!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
Those Ultima's don't do it for me in the looks dept., but I bet they are FAST! Love that 997 Turbo! NICE CAR! Someday I will have one of those! I need a couple of Ferrari's and a Boxster first though... Thanks for sharing the pics, looks like it was a fun event!

Thanks George, as a "Bow-Tie" guy I love that Z-06 ! I can't wait to the new "Z" Vette shows up, again another price point that no Europeon car comes close to !!

Allright you German and Italian car lovers I've got my Flame Suit on !! LOL !

Just FYI, the chameleon painted Porsche has 900+ HP to the wheels.

Real waste if it's through a 915 trans, I'm assuming it's not though. What year is it George ? I wonder how much boost it needs to produce that kind of hp ?

Thanks George, as a "Bow-Tie" guy I love that Z-06 ! I can't wait to the new "Z" Vette shows up, again another price point that no Europeon car comes close to !!

Allright you German and Italian car lovers I've got my Flame Suit on !! LOL !

Dave, the vette is what it is... Cheap high performance car. If that is what you like no biggie. They are quite awesome performers, but they will NEVER be Porsche's or Ferrari's, even if they are faster on some tracks or others. I would not mind having a ZR1! YMMV!

Cheap ??? !! man I wouldn't call a six figure car cheap ! BTW there are plenty of items on the new ZR-1 that are as good as Porsche and others......brakes for example.

I see it all the time with my "German car" friends, once an American car gets even close to their beloved Marque in performance or whatever, they like to say........ "yeah, but it's not a BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, whatever".

Hey I don't care, I love to look and watch all of 'em run !!!

Cheap ??? !! man I wouldn't call a six figure car cheap ! BTW there are plenty of items on the new ZR-1 that are as good as Porsche and others......brakes for example.

I see it all the time with my "German car" friends, once an American car gets even close to their beloved Marque in performance or whatever, they like to say........ "yeah, but it's not a BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, whatever".

Hey I don't care, I love to look and watch all of 'em run !!!

Dave,

Yea, it is all relative. I was kind of thinking along the lines of compared to say a new 911 Turbo or Ferrari 599. Nearly $200k on the Turbos (once you put a few things on them and of course get the X50 package) and $350k for the 599. Those make a $100k ZR1 look cheap! LOL!

Well, I am just a car guy and have been in and driven most of the big dogs and all I can say is that thank goodness a car is not simply the sum of its parts...if they were then ZR1's would cost $150k! They have some great stuff in them, but the execution and the quality of some of the parts leaves much to be desired (actually I have not seen the ZR1 yet, but speaking of the ZO6 here and assuming the ZR1 will be close). I think that is getting better though. I can't tell you how many people I have come across over the years that bought a Vette and within a year were BACK at the Porsche dealer (they looked there first and then left) trading it in on a 911. Usually complaining that the car is rattling and loose vs. when it was new and tight.

Oh, you mentioned brakes. Did you read that thing about the 0-200-0 test in R&T a month or two ago? Of course all those cars were highly modified and the ZO6 vette ended up the fastest (though tested on a different day) and I think it was each and every one of its runs after the car was stopped and sat for a little while it broke a rotor. You would think after the first one they would have thought, maybe we should just drive the car around for a bit to let the brakes cool down and NOT hot spot and break! Idiots!

Like I said I think those things are getting better. I have been hanging on the F-car site for a month or so now and it has been interesting reading about the complaints some of those owners have. We are talking REALLY expensive cars that probably don't even come close in build quality to a basic Vette. Though the materials used are better. Things that are wrong from the get go that should have been fixed in pre-production, but still they put the car out there for $265k + the speculators mark up. That is what a name will get you though. That said, I still look forward to owning a few of them in the future! I hope I can get them where the original owners have worked out all the bugs before I buy them! ;)

Be cool! :rocker:

Latest posts

Back