Aerius panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filmblu

Reaction score
I think my Aerius's need to change the panels ( bought in 2002). Does
someone know how can I change them by myself or, if there's a link on the
web where I can find detailed instructions ?
My dealer says that I can't absolutely, I will damage for sure and for
ever the speakers ( in fact he pretends 200$ for the job, panels excluded , (other 700 $).
Anyone can help me ?

ps how do you realize when panels are definitely dead ?

thanks

I have the same question. I've had my Odyssey's about the same amount of time and have noticed no degradation. I have a pair of Aerius from early 90's which sound great. Why do yu think they need replacing?

exceeding bass, roll off of highs; I've tried with different amp/cables.
Furthermore, if left unplugged or not, the speakers seem not to change this way to make music.

bye

Furthermore, if left unplugged or not, the speakers seem not to change this way to make music.

bye

You can also take the panels out for cleaning. Try that before replacing them outright.

bye
That reeks of the electronics, not the panels. I'm sure someone here knows more about that model speaker than I do.

That reeks of the electronics, not the panels. I'm sure someone here knows more about that model speaker than I do.

I was thinking the same thing. The difference between having the panel plugged in and not plugged in is SO HUGE you can't miss it!

I think my Aerius's need to change the panels ( bought in 2002). Does
someone know how can I change them by myself or, if there's a link on the
web where I can find detailed instructions ?
My dealer says that I can't absolutely, I will damage for sure and for
ever the speakers ( in fact he pretends 200$ for the job, panels excluded , (other 700 $).
Anyone can help me ?

Replacing the pannel on the Arius is unbelievably simple, all you have to do is slide the 2 trim pannels up and remove, then lift the pannels, and disconnect the 3 wires. It is easiest to do while on their sides. By the way my Arius will run 10-15 minutes normally after they are unplugged, I reccomend letting the
pannels fully discharge before removing.

I don't normally reccomned upgrades, because most have little to no effect on sound, but I upgraded the crossovers with audio-grade caps, and have to say this is a legitimate upgrade worth doing. Have fun....DH

Back