Aeon with QUAD II old tube amplifier

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannu

Reaction score
Hi, all M-L owners! Finally I have found after 30 years search my audio heaven with Martin Logan Aeon and QUAD II tube amplifiers. Combination works unbealiavable well. I drive surround speakers with my Sony STR 940 reciever/amplifier. My audiosystems is located in a wooden house where is the best acoustic I have ever heard. Along with BW subwoofer, OR center speaker and Martin Logan AEON speakers with QUAD II tubes (KT 66) I have created the finest sound I have ever heard in my life including more expensive systems. You should try also if you own ones.

Greetins from Finland

Hannu, 53 years experiments

You can read all the reviews and specs you like, but you won't know what works until you try it. I'm glad that old Quad has found a new vocation in life...

Hannu, sounds very interesting. Is your Quad the 15 W version or the 40 W version? And I assume it drives the speakers full range? I have the Aeon I and also think this speaker can be powered by a relatively low powered tube amp, the question is how low!
best regards
Svein
Norway

Back