Any body into AIR Rifles ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
I run a custom RWS 34 With a modified stock by me and a custom tune by me. The stock was sanded and Rosewood tips and pistol grips added with a rosewood butt pad. I am waiting on a Air Arms S410 Xtra FAC PCP .22 cal with a walnut stock. It will do 35 ft. Lbs all day long . I use it to eliminate the pests that are here in a farm day to day basis!

Attachments

• S6300915 (Small).JPG
    S6300915 (Small).JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 163
I love 'em, but don't own one yet. I'm waiting for my
nephews to git a bit older so I can set up a nice backyard
range for them at grandpa's house.

It's staggering how many brands are available nowadays.
The Gamo air-shotguns really blow my mind. There's so
much darn research required before buying.

Ah guns... the root of all evil in US society...:D It's nice to know from Top Gear that Miami car dealers hold personal weapons (shotguns, hand guns, rifles) etc in case if difficulty. Bang!

Anyway, when I was eighteen, I once shot my entire Tamiya model collection to bits. It was a big collection that I had painstakingly built over about 6 years, using all my pocket money. The were very well built and painted, too.

Well, courtesy of a BSA Meteor .22 air rifle + telescopic sight, about the most powerful you could buy at the time, they all got obliterated in a few days, with the help of my cousin. That thing was difficult to pressurise, though. After a few shots, your arm would be in difficulty.

I once shot my entire Tamiya model collection to bits. .

Now that sounds like fun !!!

I've got a Gammo (pretty tough to beat for the $$ spent), fun for plinking or the occasional shot at a tree rat.

my old pellet gun

Me and a childhood freind of mine started shooting pellet guns in about 7th grade what fun home made pellet traps shooting ranges and on and on it goes.this is a beeman it needs some oiling and service it has not been shot in a long time good thing you brought this up C.A.P I think its time to clean it and take it out for a few shots.its been so long I have forgot what model I have and it does not say on the side
it's a .177cal though.

Attachments

• beeman.JPG
    beeman.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 138
Guns dont shoot model cars people shoot model cars.

The saying is Money is the root of all evil.

Sounds like you were your models worst enemy.

I wanted a Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model BB rifle with a compass in the stock for Christmas when I was a kid. My Mom kept telling me, "You'll shoot your eye out with that thing". Even when I went to see Santa at the mall and told him that I wanted a BB gun, he said, "You'll shoot your eye out".

Well sure enough, I got one and on my very first shot, it BB ricocheted and hit me in the face and knocked my glasses off! Luckily, my glasses didn't break.... until I accidentally stepped on them in the snow. I cried so hard and then told my Mom that an icicle fell off the house and hit me in the face. She was none the wiser.

Yeah, they should make a movie out of that or something.

"Fra-gee-lay; must be Italian!"

Ah guns... the root of all evil in US society...:D
Guns help us keep the extra foreigners out. :D

It's nice to know from Top Gear that Miami car dealers hold personal weapons (shotguns, hand guns, rifles) etc in case if difficulty. Bang!
Being one of the drug ports and a city with lots of money, I can understand it. ....Guy walks in with a briefcase full of money and wants to buy a car to sell overseas for many more times the price. Things can go wrong....

Well sure enough, I got one and on my very first shot, it BB ricocheted and hit me in the face and knocked my glasses off!
WOW!!! How lucky and blessed you were.

I have a friend who was not so lucky as he has a glass eye resulting from a ricochet.

I have an RWS Model 45 that I bought in '91 or so. It earns its keep by taking out the occasional rat in the back yard, and opening up clogged spray-paint cans so I can put them in the trash. Just did one today, as a matter of fact. A really fun target is to take an empty plastic soda bottle, fill it with water, and put it in the freezer. Once frozen, the patterns the pellets make in the ice is really quite interesting.
It's amazing how powerful the '45 is. It hits harder than a .22! I use Crossman hollow points for ammo.

The current tech in air guns is AMAZING! I don't have one but always wanted one... Had some cheapo BB/pellet guns when I was a kid, but started shooting "real" guns if you will at 6 when I started deer hunting... Of course you can shoot air guns in a lot more places than you can shoot even a little .22! Good thread guys! BTW, that first gun pictured is a real beauty! WOW!

Back