Loose wire SL3

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjbunn

Reaction score
I just received a pair of SL3s, one of which had a non-working panel.

After removing the rails, I can see an unattached wire (black) in the photo below:

DSC00949.jpg

This looks like it should be a simple fix, but I'd welcome any comments/advice before proceeding.

Thanks!

Hola. You need to take the panel apart, and resolder that wire to the back's panel. You need to do the job ok, at least 40 watt soldering gun. A little tip. Apply some solder to the panel before the solering. A little dot will do. This will easy to do the job. Heat up the panel first too. Happy listen.

Roberto, why do you say you need to take the panel apart? Once you take off the rail you can do the soldering.

Because it is easy to do the job. It is difficult to get the back panel and solder there, it is better and easier to work that way.

Thanks guys: I removed the panel wires from the junction block and then the panel, and re-soldered the wire onto the panel. I was a little tricky as I didn't want to leave the 50Watt iron on the solder spot for long (visions of melting the diaphragm!), but it took.

After reassembly the speaker works :) I'm delighted it was so easy.

Back