Would this keep up with the aerius?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigaudiofanatic

Reaction score
A friend of mine wants me to buy his Dayton Titanic MKIII with a custom box with a 1045 watt plate amp.

Will this keep up with my aerius?

Hola. As far as I know, that is a Disco gear. I think that quality watts are better than quantity watts. You are going to be listening music, not "hearing" music. I will try to get a NAD amp, if what you are looking for price. Also, there are a lot of used high-end gear, in good prices. Even that the Aerius have some time in the market, they are a very good sounding speakers, just trust your ears and choose what you liked most! Happy listening,
R.

What is your system? Do you think that you need a new power amp?... I will give to your Aerius a good shower to the panels. I had recovery many bad panels with a good shower process. You will get a sparkle highs again!!! With 375, a can buy a lot of new music at amazon. Just my 2 cents. Happy listening!

If I remember right the Dayton Titanic MKIII's are Adire Audio sub clones. If it's a 12" it's a Shiva clone, if it's a 15 it's a Tempest clone. They were at one point highly regarded sub woofers in the DIY crowd. Have him bring it over and get a test run and then see if it's worth $375 for you. FWIW a 1000+ watt plate amp will run you more than $375...

What is your system? Do you think that you need a new power amp?... I will give to your Aerius a good shower to the panels. I had recovery many bad panels with a good shower process. You will get a sparkle highs again!!! With 375, a can buy a lot of new music at amazon. Just my 2 cents. Happy listening!

Shower was done last week, I do not see how that would effect my lows as aposed to adding a sub to my setup.

Setup:

Dynex 40 inch tv
Denon DBP-1610
Monster HTS 1650
Pioneer Elite VSX-56TXi
Carver A400X
MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
Martin Logan Aerius
Apple Tv 2nd Gen
Logitech Harmony One Advanced Remote

If I remember right the Dayton Titanic MKIII's are Adire Audio sub clones. If it's a 12" it's a Shiva clone, if it's a 15 it's a Tempest clone. They were at one point highly regarded sub woofers in the DIY crowd. Have him bring it over and get a test run and then see if it's worth $375 for you. FWIW a 1000+ watt plate amp will run you more than $375...

It is the 15, he lives 3 hours away and it will not fit in his corvette so my only option would be to wing it and buy it or wak away.

Last edited:
Because the Aerius have good bass, if you are not listening organ or very heavy bass info. You do not need a sub. Now seeing your system, it is a HT. For the price for the Titatic, and using it a very moderated level VS Aerius sensitivity (they are watts eaters,definitive a good power amp is a must to drive them with quality), please, do not get me wrong here, your Carver Amp will drive the Aerius well. Your task will be matching them. A fast diaphragm to blend with a not so fast sub, it is a very difficult task, but not impossible. Overall, it depends a lot of your liking and type of music you like most too. It is good to know that you brought them back to life with a good shower. Enjoy!, and happy listening,
R.

As I do one major upgrade to my system every year I would love to hear a recommendation for a new amp if you all think I need a bigger one. :D

Start a new thread?

Back