Will This work??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schnauzer/lover

Reaction score
Once a week I have to go into my fish room and do a three hour water change and I would really like to enjoy some ML quality music to make the task go by more enjoyable.

My wife has her audio system in the adjoining room I have already drilled a hole in the wall for speaker wire. She has a Denon receiver and it has A & B fronts so I was wondering if I bought a pair of Purity speakers would it work, because her receiver is set to 8 ohms, And my upstairs Spires are 4 ohms. Her speakers are 8 ohms so it would not be practical to keep changing the ohms back for fourth.

For your interest, my local audio store where I do all my business finally , after hearing my Spiers, have contacted ML and can now sell MLs. Only they have alot to learn setting them up properly, they have them almost forty feet apart and the sitting is only ten to fifteen back from center. I think a rep will be comeing down in the future but I was going to show them how to get the sound they are really capable of, this coming Monday!:rocker:

The four ohm setting is generally simply a current limiting circuit to prevent damage to the amp. Just be sensible with the volume control and it shouldn't matter what setting the amp is on.

Once a week I have to go into my fish room and do a three hour water change and I would really like to enjoy some ML quality music to make the task go by more enjoyable.

My wife has her audio system in the adjoining room I have already drilled a hole in the wall for speaker wire. She has a Denon receiver and it has A & B fronts so I was wondering if I bought a pair of Purity speakers would it work, because her receiver is set to 8 ohms, And my upstairs Spires are 4 ohms. Her speakers are 8 ohms so it would not be practical to keep changing the ohms back for fourth.

For your interest, my local audio store where I do all my business finally , after hearing my Spiers, have contacted ML and can now sell MLs. Only they have alot to learn setting them up properly, they have them almost forty feet apart and the sitting is only ten to fifteen back from center. I think a rep will be comeing down in the future but I was going to show them how to get the sound they are really capable of, this coming Monday!:rocker:

Another approach would be to use the pre-outs on the receiver if it has them with a pair of The Source.

Pre-outs sound like a good idea, but it is good to know that I can use 8ohms cause I do not ever play very loud, I have tinnitus in one ear. Thanks guys!!

Back