who here owns something other than ML speakers?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As shown in my sig, I use a pair of JBL L15 monitors (recently reconed) as my surrounds due to space constraints. They do a very respectable job for a "small box".

In another system (family room - non-audiophile) I use a pair of vintage KEF 104.2's which still sound wonderful after all these years.

I'm still keeping a pair of my good old Mission 770 MkIIs in the secondary
system. Still sound very nice after all these years (almost 30)....

I'm actually giving some VERY serious thought to the Avalon Indra's. If the CLX does not materialize so that I can give them an audition there is a possibilty of my leaving the fold in a year or so - well, not really, I'd likely still keep my ReQuests - but the Indra's are about as good a speaker as I've yet heard, and are very well priced for what you get from them. Not quite the sound of the Isis or Sentinal, but very, very close...

Our Classical Editor has a pair and they are awesome! Just spent a few days listening to them after CES at his house.

I had the Ascendants for about three months to do a review in our new issue and they were quite good too. I'm a big Avalon fan.

I have a pair of Harbeth Compact 7-III's in my second system with the Luxman 590 II integrated and I love those too. Very good tonally as well, not as "big" sounding as the Avalons though. House system has a pair of Gemme Audio Tainto's through a Croft amp and preamp.

Ditto. Those and maybe Avant Garde Trios.

YUP and Acapella (the HUGE ONES!!!) are super cool looking too. I like the 101's because they sound and look AWESOME but actually have a very small footprint and are not overwhelming in size.

question for everyone:

some of you seem to have the cone speakers that seem nicer then the ml.

do you prefer cone or ml speakers better? what made you choose that choice?

Latest posts

Back