Which Turntable?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ML Amigos,

For better or worse, gave up on vinyl along time ago once CD sound started "getting close" to the sound of vinyl. When I last tried, I found that my system (read speaker position) would need to set for either vinyl or CD.

Appreciate anyones comments / insights on this issue. To state it bluntly, have you experienced this anamoly and, assuming you have, how have you addressed this issue?

FWIW, I've spoken with other folks that feel the same way, as in tune your system for digits or analogue.

GG

Don't say this.....your scaring me. I've heard many digital/analog systems that sounded great both ways. What you say does make some sense though.

My system and speaker placement is set up for my Ayre since i am lazy. Every time I listen to my record player I am blown away by how much better analogue sounds. Go figure!

ML Amigos,

For better or worse, gave up on vinyl along time ago once CD sound started "getting close" to the sound of vinyl. When I last tried, I found that my system (read speaker position) would need to set for either vinyl or CD.

Appreciate anyones comments / insights on this issue. To state it bluntly, have you experienced this anamoly and, assuming you have, how have you addressed this issue?

FWIW, I've spoken with other folks that feel the same way, as in tune your system for digits or analogue.

GG

Harry Weisfeld once mentioned this to me and there may be something to it as I doubt anyone in this country has done more research on analog than Harry.

My system and speaker placement is set up for my Ayre since i am lazy. Every time I listen to my record player I am blown away by how much better analogue sounds. Go figure!

Only because analog sounds better :) I've found that my system is set up for analog to sound best but hi-rez has similar sound and CD is in a solid third place even with the new DAC.

Hi Jason

Don't say this.....your scaring me. I've heard many digital/analog systems that sounded great both ways. What you say does make some sense though.

Didn't mean to scare you my friend but we all know each medium (digital vs analogue) has its inherent strengths and weaknesses and it seems reasonable to suggest that a system optimized for one medium will not sound "totally tuned" in the other. At least that was my experience when I had both in my system.

Looking forward to getting together at RMAF. At this point, looks like I'll be able to get away and meet my wonderful ML amigos face to face.

G

Any closer to making a choice yet?

Got a new SOTA in here to try with the Origin Live arm. Anxious to see how it sounds. No can do till next issue is up!!

Any closer to making a choice yet?

Got a new SOTA in here to try with the Origin Live arm. Anxious to see how it sounds. No can do till next issue is up!!

Boy... I wish I were a reviewer....:bowdown:

Joey's New Turntable !!

Saw this little number outside the Art Gallery in Glenwood Springs, Co. Joey, since I have been gone for the last couple of weeks, what is your TT status ???

Attachments

• IMG_7925.JPG
    IMG_7925.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 83
Saw this little number outside the Art Gallery in Glenwood Springs, Co. Joey, since I have been gone for the last couple of weeks, what is your TT status ???

Hehehehe..... wouldn't you like to know....

Bwahahahahahaha....

Back