What Makes ML So Special??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I would like to ask another question. Why isn't ML's much more popular? In my opinion they sound way better than other dynamic speakers in the same price range. Yet so few have them compared to the vast number of people that spend way to big ammounts of money on B&W for example.

Probably has something to do with how much money a retailer can make off the product. Always FOLLOW THE MONEY, it will tell you everything you need to know.

You are correct that there are many speakers that cost more but don't sound half as good, but how many people are really buying those speakers? Also keep in mind that ML is very careful with their dealer network, they don't want some dealer selling there stuff that is not going to give the product a front and center main attraction standing in their store. If the dealer can't make as much money off of ML then they might choose to put something else in as the primary focus. Look at the places that sell B&W...I have not heard the high end stuff, but the speakers in the $750 to $1750 range SUCK! No offense to anyone who might like them, but all of the ones I have heard were either poorly driven, poorly sourced, or poorly set up because they just did not sound good to me. Of course I am used to Prodigy, et. al. ML does not make any ESL gear in that price range and I have to admit I have not listened to the non ESL ML gear yet. YMMV!

Back