What are your other hobbies?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice watches! I did a bit of Rolex shopping not long ago, but ended up deciding that I am probably going to try to pick up a tag grand carrera... definitely my preference at that price point.

Here are mine:

DSC02176.jpg

tag.jpg

DSC02065.jpg

Joey, you really are sick, next thing you know we will see you on Doctor Phil:D

Joe,

I am sick.... cough cough.... :ROFL::ROFL:

Nice watches! I did a bit of Rolex shopping not long ago, but ended up deciding that I am probably going to try to pick up a tag grand carrera... definitely my preference at that price point.

I did have a Tag Carrera believe it or not, I ended up flipping it though but I liked the watch a lot. The only thing I didn't like about it was the bracelet was too skinny for me and the clasp stuck out as a result. But man do I love the dial.

I want an Audemar or a Patek next. Probably a higher end Panerai. I'm saving up..

Ooooh, I did not list watches as one of mine because I thought it was a sickness not a hobby. Here is my meager collection.

Attachments

• 41iOnMyMuXL._SS500_.jpg
    41iOnMyMuXL._SS500_.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 173
  • BlackRacingChronograph.jpg
    BlackRacingChronograph.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 163
  • _MG_0055_2.jpg
    _MG_0055_2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 163
  • thumb.php.jpg
    thumb.php.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 166
  • sa_24529_sol_a03.jpg
    sa_24529_sol_a03.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 174
I looked through the thread and there are guys with amazing cars...

... here's mine - not as cool but still decently cool!

Went from an 03 G35 coupe 6mt to an 08 G37S coupe 6mt.

I think Tom, Cherian, and Dave will be happy to know that I've learned how to drive manual pretty decently now.
:ROFL:

Love the G35. I have a 2004 Coupe, also Obsidian Black. 5AT though :( (wife occasionally needs to drive it).

How do you like the G37 v. the G35?

There is a difference?

:D

I have a thing for watches too. I'm trying really hard not to give in to that one, but it's a slippery slope.

I have a Citizen EcoDrive Skyhawk AT, a Tissot chronograph of some sort, and I got a Movado as a Christmas gift last year.
4213746622_6494648f17.jpg

Love the G35. I have a 2004 Coupe, also Obsidian Black. 5AT though :( (wife occasionally needs to drive it).

How do you like the G37 v. the G35?

I have a thing for watches too. I'm trying really hard not to give in to that one, but it's a slippery slope.

I have a Citizen EcoDrive Skyhawk AT, a Tissot chronograph of some sort, and I got a Movado as a Christmas gift last year.

F=ma,

Regarding the G35 vs G37, the 35 coupe is raw-er and I felt more in-tune with the road. I felt there was less of a barrier between me and the pavement. Sounded louder, sounded more brutal from the cockpit.

That said, the 37 is a much better GT car with more power to boot. The transmission is improved and 2nd gear is a beast, I can get off a stop off of 2nd gear where I had to really baby it with the 35. The 37 has a much better interior and a much more polished feel overall. The exterior of the 37 just oozes IMO.

I can't wait to see what they come up next, I'm hoping they bust out an Infiniti "GT-R" or something. I'm interested in the following cars in a few years: Nissan GT-R vs Audi R8 vs BMW M3 Vert (new version)... but if there's an Infiniti GT-R, I think I may just fall for it especially if it's priced in-between the Nissan GTR and the Audi R8.

But let's just see. I'd like to keep the G37 as a daily beater by then. Those other cars can't take a daily commute, I'll die from the maintenance!

BTW, regarding your watch - I've always wanted a Movado. Haven't found the right one at the right price yet though.

Joey :D:D

So does anyone collect fountain pens? A year ago I bought a Pilot with a retractable tip (unusual for a fountain pen) for the princely sum of US$169. It consititues my collection of one. :eek:

So does anyone collect fountain pens? A year ago I bought a Pilot with a retractable tip (unusual for a fountain pen) for the princely sum of US$169. It consititues my collection of one. :eek:

I don't collect pens but I did buy my dad a Montblanc for Christmas about 4 years ago. Still going strong.

I'm not going to purposely buy one for myself for another couple of years... I'll wait until I become an attending. No reason for a resident to be carrying an expensive pen IMO.

Attachments

• MB_Starwalker_Douè_RB_1-1.jpg
    MB_Starwalker_Douè_RB_1-1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
For about a year now I have been playing around with some amature astronomy. I find it very enjoyable and relaxing. It drives my wife crazy because I’m getting up at odd hours to look at the night sky. Sometime I go for long weekends into northern Wisconsin to avoid the light pollution. I’m looking to buy some equipment to do some long time exposure photos of deep sky objects.

I use a simple Meade ETX-125. It’s a good starter scope, Maybe in a few years upgrade to something bigger.

Attachments

• meade_etx_125.jpg
    meade_etx_125.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
I am getting the itch for a sports car again. On the short list are.
1) 2003 Porsche Carerra 4S
2) 2007 BMW Z4 M coupe
3) 2004 Corvette Z06
4) 2004 Viper SRT-10 (I did test drive on and this Car scared the $hi& out of me.)
The max I want to spend is 32K so the viper may be off the list. Any thoughts on my list? Anything I should look at? I would like something exotic.

2) 2007 BMW Z4 M coupe
3) 2004 Corvette Z06
4) 2004 Viper SRT-10 (I did test drive on and this Car scared the $hi& out of me.)
The max I want to spend is 32K so the viper may be off the list. Any thoughts on my list? Anything I should look at? I would like something exotic.

If you want the top performer for the money, the z06 is the winner. If you're buying a car to get 'look at me' status, buy a lotus elise.

Thanks for the review Joey. I see you appear to be a member over at g35driver.com. I occasionally post over there under the user name "irrelevant", but really can't get much into that forum, because it seems overpopulated with that "California" mentality.

Perhaps in a few years when my car is ready for the salvage yard I'll look into a G37 to replace it with. About the only thing I don't like about it is that it takes some pretty serious effort to get any more power out of it...but then again, that's why I bought the motorcycle.

F=ma,

Regarding the G35 vs G37, the 35 coupe is raw-er and I felt more in-tune with the road. I felt there was less of a barrier between me and the pavement. Sounded louder, sounded more brutal from the cockpit.

That said, the 37 is a much better GT car with more power to boot. The transmission is improved and 2nd gear is a beast, I can get off a stop off of 2nd gear where I had to really baby it with the 35. The 37 has a much better interior and a much more polished feel overall. The exterior of the 37 just oozes IMO.

I can't wait to see what they come up next, I'm hoping they bust out an Infiniti "GT-R" or something. I'm interested in the following cars in a few years: Nissan GT-R vs Audi R8 vs BMW M3 Vert (new version)... but if there's an Infiniti GT-R, I think I may just fall for it especially if it's priced in-between the Nissan GTR and the Audi R8.

But let's just see. I'd like to keep the G37 as a daily beater by then. Those other cars can't take a daily commute, I'll die from the maintenance!

BTW, regarding your watch - I've always wanted a Movado. Haven't found the right one at the right price yet though.

Joey :D:D

Awesome stuff guys. :bowdown:

My hobbies are audio (plenty of documentation on this forum about THAT), and computers.

So I have a boatload of Mac's and PC's.

Some current some historical. The last 10 years worth of PC's are all hand-build setups, the Mac's (mostly for the wife) are stock.

My prized one is a 1985 Mac Plus platinum. In original packaging and all.

I also have a collection of PDA's across time, including several Apple Newtons, including an original model 100 purchased through the developer program.

The rarest/weirdest is the Sony MagicLink. A unique PDA from the early days of all this mobile madness.

Of course, I've owned all the iPhone models, several Blackberries and now an Android (Nexus one) as well.

2) 2007 BMW Z4 M coupe
3) 2004 Corvette Z06

I would not buy any of those. I would take a 07/08 Cayman S and haggle to low 30s, Cher. There's a reason why the Cayman is a great all around car - and the fact that it's essentially mid-engine means it has better engine placement compared to the 911.

If you want the top performer for the money, the z06 is the winner. If you're buying a car to get 'look at me' status, buy a lotus elise.

Except 1 mistake in the Elise and you will die. Nothing like a go-kart against an SUV.

Thanks for the review Joey. I see you appear to be a member over at g35driver.com. I occasionally post over there under the user name "irrelevant", but really can't get much into that forum, because it seems overpopulated with that "California" mentality.

Perhaps in a few years when my car is ready for the salvage yard I'll look into a G37 to replace it with. About the only thing I don't like about it is that it takes some pretty serious effort to get any more power out of it...but then again, that's why I bought the motorcycle.

G37 being NA is tough to get up there without FI. I would say if you like that kind of stuff, go with a 335i or a variant.

Awesome stuff guys. :bowdown:

My hobbies are audio (plenty of documentation on this forum about THAT), and computers.

Jon... I used to be an electronics nut back in college. I used to follow all the pda forums and try to get the latest and greatest. My secret was to buy it at best buy and with the product extended warranty. Each time a new one would come out, my pda would "mysteriously" break.

I worked at best buy in high school so I knew the guys in the back.

I got a new pda every 3 months or so.

I had a sickness back then... probably started this whole thing.

ummmm - that too. I have a few but I wouldn't say it was a hobby. I have a Waterman and a Mont Blanc (don't know what) and my favourite - a ROTRING 600! I'm at work now, but I'll try to remember to post a pic tonight!

I've got a few other Parkers and other low-end stuff as well.

ummmm - that too. I have a few but I wouldn't say it was a hobby. I have a Waterman and a Mont Blanc (don't know what) and my favourite - a ROTRING 600! I'm at work now, but I'll try to remember to post a pic tonight!

I've got a few other Parkers and other low-end stuff as well.

Oh no are you telling me that I actually have another hobby? Maybe I'm just a hoarder.

Attachments

• Pens.jpg
    Pens.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 116
The only reason I would not buy a Cayman S is that every time I drove it I would feel like my life did not turn out the way I planned. I would always think to myself I should have gotten the 911. In my openion the Z4 M coupe is a better car then the Cayman S. I have driven both and the Z4 felt more thrilling.

Back