What are your other hobbies?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice photos Rich. Love the Rhinocerous!

Takes a tremendous amount of power (and money) for a car to outrun a Hayabusa, but in the end it's all about simple physics.

Wink, what screen name do you use at h.org, if you don't mind me asking? Until recently I was pretty active there using this user name.

Nice Corvette b.t.w. Hocky. I'd like to have one someday.

No, problem....."UR IT!"

Small world I guess Wink. On the other hand, high performance speakers and high performance motorcycles do have a bit in common.

i like the antique look to some of your photos rich, what effect is that. it looks like a film shot without the grain.

i like the antique look to some of your photos rich, what effect is that. it looks like a film shot without the grain.

I use several different photoshop plugins to get different effects. You would have to tell me which photos specifically you are referring to and I could tell you what I used.

Are you guys familiar with Peter Lik? He has some absolutely incredible photos. He'll be the next person added to my art collection.

I use several different photoshop plugins to get different effects. You would have to tell me which photos specifically you are referring to and I could tell you what I used.
the animal photos mostly. they are terrific!

the animal photos mostly. they are terrific!

Thanks, Jimna. Those were processed in photoshop mostly, along with the use of a few photoshop plugins. I used Topaz Adjust on the elephant and the rhinoceros photos to bring out their texture and color. I basically work some strong effects in the Topaz Adjust plugin (which emphasizes details, texture, and color to an extreme), but do it on a separate layer in photoshop, and then blend that layer in to the original until it looks just right.

The picture of the cheetah was actually a combination of plugins. First, I used photoshop for basic color, tone and contrast processing, then used the Topaz Clean plugin to give it a painterly look, and finally I used Nik's Color Efex Pro plugin to give it a polaroid film look, along with the ragged border.

The other thing you may be noticing that makes these three animal shots look film-like is the nice Bokeh provided by this lens (these three were all shot with the Canon 400mm f/5.6 L series lens). That lens provides a creamy texture to out of focus backgrounds, which really enhances these types of shots. By the way, all three of these shots were taken at the Denver Zoo.

Photoshop is an amazing program, and the number of plugins you can get for special effects is incredible. The next version will be coming out in a month. I highly recommend the Topaz Labs suite of plugins for photoshop as well. They offer great bang for the buck.

Last edited:
What kinds of watches? I wouldn't say it is a hobby of mine, but I like them. I have a couple of tag heurers and tissot.

Rolex Submariner
Rolex Milgauss GV
Panerai 312

Also had the Omega Planet Ocean and the Tag Heuer Monaco.

Looking to save up for bigger stuff...

Attachments

• IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3100.jpg
    IMG_3100.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3107.jpg
    IMG_3107.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
More stuff....

I need to get a better picture of my Rolex Sub.

Attachments

• IMG_3678.jpg
    IMG_3678.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3733.jpg
    IMG_3733.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3891.jpg
    IMG_3891.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 107
I looked through the thread and there are guys with amazing cars...

... here's mine - not as cool but still decently cool!

Went from an 03 G35 coupe 6mt to an 08 G37S coupe 6mt.

I think Tom, Cherian, and Dave will be happy to know that I've learned how to drive manual pretty decently now.
:ROFL:

Attachments

• IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 105
Bernard,

That's cold....funny but true I guess, unless Tom Dac listens to DSOTM 'Time' then the sound is the same.

Joey,

Some advice, don't get started in the car collection game, you can never get satisfied and it makes Logans and watches seem sane, which they may or may not be, I guess it depends on how bad a case you have Joeyitis.

Joey,

Some advice, don't get started in the car collection game, you can never get satisfied and it makes Logans and watches seem sane, which they may or may not be, I guess it depends on how bad a case you have Joeyitis.

I know... but this stable is such a motivating factor, my friend.

Attachments

• cars 12-07 017.jpg
    cars 12-07 017.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 101
  • cars 12-07 019.jpg
    cars 12-07 019.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 101
Hey Joey, I'll bet those watches don't sound as good as your Summits did.

No they don't, Bernard... but they hold value just as well or better. When I have the room, these watches are enough in value to flip to get my system back and more.

Just waiting for the room... just waiting for the room. :music:

Back