What are your other hobbies?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did test drove a viper SRT-10 with 505 HP and got it sideways going into second gear. If I recall right I did have to pull over and change my shorts. This care is off of my list becasue it is just too scary.

I did test drove a viper SRT-10 with 505 HP and got it sideways going into second gear. If I recall right I did have to pull over and change my shorts. This care is off of my list becasue it is just too scary.

sounds like you just need to go to high performance driving school and learn...

http://www.skipbarber.com/

You may be right. For too long I have been driving cars with AWD. And going to car with so much torque to the rear and a very basic dif will take a some time to learn again.

You may be right. For too long I have been driving cars with AWD. And going to car with so much torque to the rear and a very basic dif will take a some time to learn again.

I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone. Wether you have a high powered car or not it's irrelevant. Knowing how and what to do when with car control is essential. It's great for a teenager to someone who has been driiving 40 yrs.

Car control is so important and one of the biggest flaws in the driving tests. Knowing signs and laws is great but once your in control (or not) of the weapon, it's scary what people do. These classes really teach you what and how to do when. Basic but everyone needs to start somewhere.

And on the driving experience/nanny note, we had a perfect example today on our way to lunch. lol. My boss was following me to lunch in his '05 GTO and I was tossing my car through some roundabouts in a slightly spirited fashion. He decided to turn off his traction control in an effort to try to keep pace with me a little bit better and the next round about ended with boom bang slam smash crack! oops.

Don't you hate when that happens to your boss?

That is unless he blames you!:D

Don't you hate when that happens to your boss?

That is unless he blames you!:D

haha, he is a cool guy, actually. It probably is my fault, really, since he would never drive like that without me in front of him and the people in the car telling him to keep up. lol. He took it well, though, and I'll probably be showing him how to install new suspension and a steering rack in the near future. yay.

JTW,

We don't even HAVE A DRIVING TEST IN TX anymore! Is that stupid or what? Not that it really mattered much anyway...people still drive like crap!

JTW,

We don't even HAVE A DRIVING TEST IN TX anymore! Is that stupid or what? Not that it really mattered much anyway...people still drive like crap!

So what happens? When you become 16, you automatically get a license?

Florida has a proposal in the legislature right now to ban texting while driving. Which would be fine with me.
The problem I see with their approach is you can't be stopped for texting but can be ticketed for texting if stopped for another infraction.
Maybe it's the first step to banning texting while driving.

Florida has a proposal in the legislature right now to ban texting while driving. Which would be fine with me.
The problem I see with their approach is you can't be stopped for texting but can be ticketed for texting if stopped for another infraction.
Maybe it's the first step to banning texting while driving.
It's already outlawed here in Ontario. You can be stopped and ticketed for using a cell or texting ($500 max). I heard of a case in Quebec, where it is also outlawed, where someone was ticketed for just LOOKING at a cell while driving.

It's already outlawed here in Ontario. You can be stopped and ticketed for using a cell or texting ($500 max). I heard of a case in Quebec, where it is also outlawed, where someone was ticketed for just LOOKING at a cell while driving.

I think California is like that ,too.

It was a little worse than that. I know a guy, who knew a guy who got arrested for looking at a girl who was looking at a cell phone while driving.:D

In Colorado we passed a law prohibiting texting while driving last year. I've heard that they also want to prohibit cell phone use while driving unless you have a "hands free" setup (bluetooth). I use my phone in the car all the time while driving via my hands free connection - it was in fact a criteria for both my new car and my previous one because I have so many business calls. I put my cell phone in the center console though so that I do not ever use it for checking e-mail while driving.

Seems silly to have every State Legislature spend people's time and tax dollars debating and passing (or not) these laws every time some new technological advance comes along to distract drivers. Seems like there should just be a general law regarding driver distractions, and any behavior which presents a dangerous distraction while driving should be ticketable, from using cell phones, to reading maps or putting on makeup or eating food. As dangerous as automobiles are, it is ridiculous how lax people are about their responsibilities behind the wheel. I am speaking from the point of view of someone who was hit head on by a teenager reaching down to the floorboard to grab his dropped cell phone while driving. Had he been going faster, my wife and I could have easily been killed.

Back