What are your other hobbies?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice shots! i love the contrast in the first.

Thanks, Jim. I have been very impressed with your work as well. Here is one just for you. I think you will recognize the location.

Attachments

• IMG_3371.jpg
    IMG_3371.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 153
what gear do you guys use?

I use a Canon 5DMk2 primarily, with a 40D for backup. I also have a 20D that I had converted for infrared photography. Lenses too numerous to mention. I shoot RAW and use Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop for post production. I also use a few photoshop plugins, including Topaz Adjust and the Nik plugin suite. I really just started learning photoshop in the past few months, so I have a long way to go.

Larry that's a big top end for a mediocre et, it's safe to assume your 60' times weren't to impressive (given your turbo, gearing and traction). Regardless, big trap speed is an indication of serious HP !

the old adage in the world of drag racing is ....'torque off the line, HP through the traps' !

Yeah dave shes no drag Machine like your beast , her track is Road Atlanta where she can stretch those loooong legs

My RX-7 didn't have a rotary for the reasons you mentioned above. haha. I've had 2 LSx swapped RX-7's.

I agree, I like to turn, but I like to see drag strip trap speed, too. I haven't run the z06 on kill yet, but it should trap about 135mph.

There were a few guys that used to have those in Atlanta there was a guy in Birmingham Alabama building them pretty cool they said they still had almost the same balance as with the rotary

I use a Canon EOS 5D MKI that has been converted to a straight infrared camera and an EOS 5D MKII that I do not like nearly as much as the original!

Sweet looking ride I bet its fun

Thanks - Officially it is one of my wife's cars :rolleyes: She calls it "zippy." She had wanted an little sports car for her 50th. Well at 49 she walked into the local Mercedes dealer and had to have one. I asked about the little red sports car and she said the Mercedes would be fine. A year later my daughter was returning from France and needed a car. My wife suggested one her friend was selling. When I saw it, the flag went up. For my dauther, yea right. We bought it and within a year it was ours and my daughter was driving a Volvo. Truth be told, it is and has been a lot of fun. Just one more thing for me to play with and modify.

nice shots indeed. yours too jim. was that pepe smith in 1 of your shots jim? what gear do you guys use? i have a d90, 18-105 f 3.5-5.6g, manfrotto 190x prob tripod.
pepe smith? ive always know him as GE Smith, is pepe his real name? thanks though, i use a Canon Rebel XT, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8...nothing to special.

Rich is that Red Rocks Park? ive got endless shots of that place, its so inspiring!

here is what i look at each morning driving from denver to boulder....The Flatirons
3264353004_c0c84327f1_o.jpg

covered in snow
3263526351_63a75f2cfb_o.jpg

Garden of the Gods
3572990812_422bafb093_b.jpg

3572994644_21b04cff5a_b.jpg

Colorado is wall to wall eye candy!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What beautiful pictures you guys take!!!!:bowdown: I use a Canon 20Da and aim my camera at the sky. However, I was never all that good at it, and lost almost all my photos when my laptop crashed. Should have backed them up.:mad: Again, guys awesome pictures.

Glen

I WANNA MOVE TO CO!!! OMG THAT IS BEAUTIFUL! I have not done any climbing in CO since the '80's. Been skiing in Breck three times in the late '90's! Man, I LOVE CO!!!!

seems like im the only nikonian here then. really nice pics guys. i am humbled. jim youre right it is g.e. smith. garden of the gods is awesome

rich the 1st pix w/ the guitar is insane. photoshop? whatever it is, youre a pro man

----- ;kjhlkjblkjblkjkljblkj

Last edited:
rich the 1st pix w/ the guitar is insane. photoshop? whatever it is, youre a pro man

Thanks, JoJo. The texture and color saturation in those first three pictures, as well as the one at Red Rocks, comes from a photoshop plugin called Topaz Adjust. It is an awesome plugin and highly recommended for anyone who uses photoshop. I am hardly a pro, but I am learning. I'll post a couple of others later today.

And don't feel bad to be a Nikon user. They make great equipment.

Flying used to be a hobby until I made it a career. It's been ten years now since I've flown an airplane purely for the fun of it.

Like many here, I also played guitar for several years and was in a lot of bands. Haven't had time for it for the last ten years.

Motorcycling was something I did when I was younger, and last year after a ten year break I picked that up again with the purchase of a 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa....

Ten years...seems like a trend is developing there.

Photography was pretty big for three years or so, but recently I've not been too inspired. Like many here, I'm using the Canon 5d v.1. Here are some of my photos:

My bike in some local scenery:
3917265269_5c127f0f55_o.jpg

3998278342_4460602673_o.jpg

4066631872_f702a8020d_o.jpg

4064698624_538dcd87c7_o.jpg

4145278059_37505827cd_o.jpg

Interesting to read about other hobbies we have.

Back