What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to some great Goth Rock / Metal:
Tristania - The Widow's Weeds album

I thought I'd probably be the only one into metal on here. ;) I remember I liked Tristania - Beyond the Veil back when it came out. I haven't listened to it in a long long time. Maybe I should dig it out and put it on.

Anyway back OT:

I'm listening to Amesoeurs - Amesoeurs. I don't really know how to describe them other than maybe shoegaze & post black metal.

Amesoeurs_album.jpg

If you want a taste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZiN5nYzHKM

I know this no 'big deal' to most but scored today and I am listening to now Colin Davis @ The last Night of the Proms. Buddy of mine has this LP and although it was not properly taken care of I still enjoyed it.

The Best part is I found it new / factory sealed @ Goodwill......47 cents !!

Attachments

• R-1914298-1261663298[1].jpg
    R-1914298-1261663298[1].jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 215
Dave, I have that LP too, bought an eternity ago (the 70's?). Isn't that a great "Land of Hope and Glory"? I also really like "Jerusalem".

Agreed Bernard...............but how can you go wrong with 'Rule Britannia' and 'God Save the Queen' !!

Since I'll be attending the Alison Krauss and Union Station concert next weekend at Red Rocks in Morrison Colorado (Paper Airplane tour), I thought a little Thursday night live music would get me ready! As always, a well recorded live disc and Alison sounds great! Can't wait for this show!

Attachments

• Alison.jpg
    Alison.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 173
All are asleep so I'm listening through my headphones.. 'Calling Elvis' is on right now.. incredible..
One of my favourite collections..

Attachments

• DireStraits-PI.jpg
    DireStraits-PI.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I've been listening, via my digital front end, to the sort, All Songs, in shuffle mode a lot, lately. With about 8,000 songs, there are plenty to go around! It's really great to discover gems from albums I haven't listened to in a while, or normally don't listen to.

Just finished listening to the Miles Davis Sextet, "Someday My Prince Will Come", an Analogue Productions reissue. Just loverly.

DSC04343-M.jpg

Great Uke player sounds amazing pumping through the Summits! Highly recommended.

Attachments

• 51B+L6lrDJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51B+L6lrDJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 129
In a Savoy Brown kinda mood, so I listened to my favorite album of theirs, "Raw Sienna". This is a 1969 "Parrot" label pressing and still sounds pretty darn good. Sadly, as any Savoy Brown fan knows, this was their last album with lead singer Chris Youlden.
DSC04349-M.jpg

Mark Cohn had his greatest opus, his original album, "Marc Cohn", Natalie Merchant had hers, "Tiger Lily". I think "Faces" was Shawn Phillips'. This collection of songs were recorded in 1969, 1971 and 1972 and they are unique and readily identifiable as his. He had some very talented sidemen assisting him - Steve Winwood, Caleb Quaye, Glen Campbell (on steel guitar!), Joe Sample, Ed Green, Henry Lowther and Chris Mercer and a few others.
This record is my original 1972 A&M vinyl and has great sound.

DSC04356-M.jpg

In a mellow mood today, so I'm spinning Stan Getz: The 1953-54 Clef/Norgran Studio Sessions from Mosaic Records. An absolutely clean pressing with stellar sound made from the original mono master tapes, except one track from a 78rpm (!) pressing.
DSC04363-M.jpg

Last edited:
Mahler Fifth He certainly knew how to use an orchestra!

Pittsburgh SO in BBC Proms Radio 3 FM live Broadcast, via Magnum Dynalab Fabulous!

Free programme notes via iPhone app to add to concert experience

Latest posts

Back