What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Israel Nash, "Israel Nash's Silver Season". Redbook.

I listened to New York Town last night. Really quite good.

BTW - just dropped off Joshua's pre at Arnie's and listened for a little while to the Arrakis and VTLs with that Ernest Ranglin disc I played over my house last week. My oh my does it sound good on those monsters!

Arnie's system is fantastic, that's for sure! I've got two more songs on this Nash album, it's a killer album. Was that Ranglin album, "Below The Bassline"? I agree, another killer album. Thanks for turning me on to these two!

Yep, Below the Bassline. Arnie's is awesome but Arrakis don't compare to Neoliths ;-)

Assume you picked up on my post #879. Awesome stuff isn't it?:)

The Altair certainly doesn't get close to Neolith in my book... the best Rockport I have heard.

Had two marathon drives

Listened to Greatest hits by ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner and Journey, almost 100 tracks over 5.5 hours.

Then on the return trip, Alive, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Porcupine, Yes, Styx.

The return leg was from 2:40AM - 8:15AM and at a reasonably high rate of speed.

It's funny but sometimes if I remember how something sounds at home, I think my brain adlibs and fills in "some" of the blanks. My car stereo is good for what it is, and while it can't compare, it helps make the hours go by.

The Gutter Twins, "Saturnalia". 33&1/3rpm double vinyl from Sub Pop Records. Excellent sound quality. Dark and foreboding and musical and interesting.

The MJQ Three Windows w/The New York Chamber Symphony LP

mjq.jpg

Back