What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't go wrong with Grant Green. :eek: 45rpm from Analogue Productions reissued Blue Notes.
DSC04625-M.jpg

Yes - Open Your eyes

Just love this disc. highlights are "Wonderlove", which just sums up how I felt the day I met Kerry.

Open_Your_Eyes.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoyed two double albums today. First up was 2009's "Monsters of Folk".
DSC04632-M.jpg

Next was Ray La Montagne's 2008 release, "Gossip In The Grain".
DSC04636-M.jpg

William Boyce Concerti Grossi

Boyce + CLX + Dreaming Tree cabernet... a beyond-pleasant night cap after a rather challenging Monday.

Cheers all

Attachments

• 011_cr.jpg
    011_cr.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 1632352012.jpg
    1632352012.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 164
  • img_6095.jpg
    img_6095.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 169
For those of you who enjoy the occasional irreverent guilty pleasure... surprisingly good SQ as well:

ref=dp_image_0

Attachments

• 51T8wGrZL0L__SS400_.jpg
    51T8wGrZL0L__SS400_.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 151
How much XO was imbibed prior? :p

Have to serve up some Julie Brown when you come calling.

Listened to three albums, today. First up was "Steve Winwood". This record has great sound for being a late '70s era pop/rock album.
DSC04642-M.jpg

Next up was Mark Olson & Gary Louris, "Ready For The Flood". Nicely recorded, sounds like two guys playing guitar and singing right in your room.
DSC04644-M.jpg

Last up was Lee Morgan, "Vol 3". This is a Classic Records reissue and I can only listen to this at low levels, as the brush strokes on the drums are so much louder than the rest of the music, that they are very harsh and distorted. This is more pronounced on the first two songs. I don't know where the blame lies, with the reissue or the original (I suspect it was remastered poorly), but the other playing on the album still make it worthwhile. Anyway, I can't recommend this Classic Records reissue. Of course, there's always the possibility of something wrong with my playback system, or just the pressing on this particular record.
DSC04652-M.jpg

Late to the thread since the day is almost over + had to turn it off since the kiddos are in bed (need to be quiet), but focused mainly on Fiona Apple's 1st album -Tidal. Album still kicks butt and sounds fantastic with my recently purchased Summits!

Tidal.jpg

Two Against Nature.jpgI just bought my 1st HD Tracks dowload for my new Olive 04HD. I choose Steely Dan's "Two Against Nature". I am a HUGE Steely Dan fan, so that was a no brainer for me. It's AWESOME!

England My England

Nice mix of polyphony, antiphony, baroque, and other sublimities. A most pleasant background musical assortment during these now waining office hours.

Attachments

• 51WVJJU3+fL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51WVJJU3+fL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 105
Back