What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mehldau-live-in-marciac.jpg

Sarah McLachlan 'Bloom' & Loreena McKennitt
Book of Secrets is just amazing on the Vista's. One of my favorite CD's.

Attachments

• LM.jpg
    LM.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 369
  • SM.jpg
    SM.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 349
Genre: Folk/Acoustic/Bluegrass

The Greencards 2007 release "Viridian" on the Dualtone Music Group label is wonderful acoustic based music. Carol Young plays electric bass and has that seductive voice. This disc has 12 tracks. Good stuff by this trio!

Attachments

• Green.jpg
    Green.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 372
Folk/Progessive/Neo/Bluegrass band Crooked Still's 2006 release "Shaken By A Low Sound" on the Signature Sounds Recordings label highlights the smokey vocals of Aoife O' Donovan and the chamber grass sound. This disc also includes cellist Rushad Eggleston's cello being both bowed and flatpicked. Cory DiMario's covers the double bass and Greg Liszt on banjo. Check out the tune "Ecstasy"!

This string bands drips with talent, no drum kit needed!

Attachments

• Crooked.jpg
    Crooked.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 367
For the oocasional departure from music to spoken word --> Patton Oswalt

LMAO!

Attachments

• 61vob+AHknL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    61vob+AHknL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 317
Genre: Contemporary Bluegrass

On her 1999 Rounder Records release "Forget About It" Alison Krauss layers nice harmonies with a lush sound. This release has her regular Union Station band and guests include The Cox Family singers, pianist Matt Rollings, drummer Jim Keltner and mandolinist Sam Bush. Good quality recording!

Attachments

• Alison.jpg
    Alison.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 344
Was browsing a local used CD store, and found this hybrid SACD by Anonymous 4, with Darol Anger and Mike Marshall. Although early period vocal music is not a mainstream audiophile favorite, this music and recording (like their others) is magnificent. Not bad for $7!

51nxU39Ag9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Glory of Early Music - Naxos 8.554064

Great music from when I was a young dancer, period instruments, clean recording, nice spatial clues :D

Genre: Contemporary Folk/Acoustic

I recently discovered this band and on this 2005 Dualtone Music Group release "Weather and Water" The Greencards deliver great acoustic music. Good stuff!

Attachments

• Green.jpg
    Green.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 179
Absolutely Live - Double Vinyl.

"I was doing time in the universal mind...".

Just broke my own posting rules but hey... a classic.:)

Lest we forget.

EDIT: For those that don't know. Just the best live Doors album I've heard. Some real culture from a time long gone. None the worse for it, though,

Last edited:
Back