what a Jerk

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound like a bad lawyer , here is my original post ,where is there a political slant to this it? I even pointed out it was not about Bush. And my rant was about the classless act not about anything political. My responses have been not to bully but not to be bullied by those of you who DID make this about political parties and not about the insult of one of our former presidents and the big picture I was speaking about.

JTWrace indicated it was a political thread. You didn't disagree with him. Dave (Twitch) brought Pelosi into the mix, and you congratulated him for his statement. Seems you are the only one who didn't see it as a political thread, and yet you only take exception to the statements by those who disagree with your point. Didn't jump all over Dave and insult him for turning your post into a political thread, did you? You are so full of BS it is funny.

JTWrace indicated it was a political thread. You didn't disagree with him. Dave (Twitch) brought Pelosi into the mix, and you congratulated him for his statement. Seems you are the only one who didn't see it as a political thread, and yet you only take exception to the statements by those who disagree with your point. Didn't jump all over Dave and insult him for turning your post into a political thread, did you? You are so full of BS it is funny.[/QUOTE

Yes I am the one full of BS you have been going to post pictures of "your system" now for a couple of years. I almost believe the only system you have is the drawing posted as yours.

My original post whatever you believe was not intended to be political but to be taken as I stated it. If you or others took it any other way you were and are mistaken. I cant control how you think, but dont put words in my mouth that were never intended .

Completely Agree! (with McCartney, that is). Bush was a complete idiot and showed it countless times. And given the incredibly rude manner that republicans have treated this sitting president on multiple occasions, I see no reason to pull any punches regarding Bush/Cheney. McCartney simply voiced what a good third to half of our own nation feels about the former president.

This was my original response to your post. Please explain where I am "putting words in your mouth." And that would have likely been my final statement on this thread had you not gone out of your way to insult me and denigrate my opinion on the subject of McCartney's comment.

Ok gang....lets all 'cool our heels' a bit. I tried (my usual) injection of levity in order to try and make this somewhat lighthearted but obviously everybody has dug in their heels.

remember, Tom allows us to discuss things political on this site for we usually keep a sense of civility, whereas most other audio forums don't even allow political discussion.

Larry, I understand your point, even though it was easily going to be construed no matter what, I also understand your frustration (hell were both Bills fans we know all about that part !)

Rich, I see your side as well (hell I voted for 'W' the first time around and again my frustrations with his administration drove me up the wall as well) ......so......I'll bring the "white flag" to the front a say......truce !! if not this thread will close !

Dave , sorry we had to bring you into it . this one got my dander up a bit .

Rich , we both agree to disagree on this one.

You guys must be way smarter than a fourth grade graduate like myself , but you and Rich took a statement I made about a foreign entertainer who insulted a former president in the Whitehouse ( I really dont care who it was democrat or republican) as a classless act. and turned it into a critique on the Bush administration. I was angered that we as Americans find it funny for a guest in this country to insult a former sitting president. I would like to hear how some of you would react if the same thing happened to President Obama. It is not about politics on this one for me it is about much more.

Well, it seemed pretty clear to me that you were hell bent on defending Bush in particular -- "a former sitting president," as you so quaintly put it. Somehow, I'm pretty sure that if President Obama -- an actual "sitting President" -- had been, um, insulted, your rage would have been non-existent.

So, I really do think your comments were in fact about politics.

BTW, it is a bit disingenuous to claim that "It all started when he hit me back!" :eek::D

Your hate for President Bush is really at an unhealthy level. If you disagree with his policies or consider his presidency a failure thats your right, but dont turn my post into a political rant.

BTW, if you think Rich dislikes Bush...

Well, let's just say I'd run him a pretty close race for that trophy!:eek:

Well, it seemed pretty clear to me that you were hell bent on defending Bush in particular -- "a former sitting president," as you so quaintly put it. Somehow, I'm pretty sure that if President Obama -- an actual "sitting President" -- had been, um, insulted, your rage would have been non-existent.

So, I really do think your comments were in fact about politics.

BTW, it is a bit disingenuous to claim that "It all started when he hit me back!" :eek::D

I guess you did'nt see what Dave asked of us, Typical

I guess you did'nt see what Dave asked of us, Typical

Typical? Typical? How dare you! You don't know a damn thing about me, yet you once again -- as Rich has noted -- are only interested in personal attacks.

If the jerk label fits you, as it seems, then you are welcome to wear it.

I'm done here.

Oh Yea?
Well, I think Bush is a jerk, Obama is a jerk, and McCartney is a jerk, which is why I don't hang out with them anymore.

Hey this was hilarious beakman. Just want you to know it was appreciated. Ok sorry for interrupting guys!!:D

Why the Bush hating with so much passion?

Is it because you blame him for the economy? Do you really think that he individually tanked our economy in just a few years? Do you really think that our economy has been tanked? Things are a little tighter, but we all still own our ML's....right? I think its just the natural ebb and flow.

I also think he handled 9/11 in great fashion.

I thought he was a great president during trying times and I think that history will be good to him.

Bush an idiot? How so?

The thing I find interesting is many times I see those who bash bush feel the inherent need to promote and defend Obama or vice versa.

I dont think Obama has been terrible either, either I totally dislike the influence he is having on health care. I am someone who chooses not to carry health insurance and pay for all of my needs out of pocket. Eventually, Obama's new laws will force me into the health insurance machine. I will be forced to carry/pay for health insurance? I think that those who are for Obama's program assume that everyone wants health insurance or more importantly that they need health insurance. I can't say that health insurance is a bad thing, but shouldn't I be able to calculate my own risk?

I did not attack anyone, so please dont attack me if you disagree...

Dominick

Why the Bush hating with so much passion?

Is it because you blame him for the economy? Do you really think that he individually tanked our economy in just a few years? Do you really think that our economy has been tanked? Things are a little tighter, but we all still own our ML's....right? I think its just the natural ebb and flow.

I also think he handled 9/11 in great fashion.

I thought he was a great president during trying times and I think that history will be good to him.

Bush an idiot? How so?

The thing I find interesting is many times I see those who bash bush feel the inherent need to promote and defend Obama or vice versa.

I dont think Obama has been terrible either, either I totally dislike the influence he is having on health care. I am someone who chooses not to carry health insurance and pay for all of my needs out of pocket. Eventually, Obama's new laws will force me into the health insurance machine. I will be forced to carry/pay for health insurance? I think that those who are for Obama's program assume that everyone wants health insurance or more importantly that they need health insurance. I can't say that health insurance is a bad thing, but shouldn't I be able to calculate my own risk?

I did not attack anyone, so please dont attack me if you disagree...

Dominick

I agree whole-heartedly with this. Healthcare reform never happened. What we got was a bail-out and bolstering of the insurance companies in the guise of actual reform.

I don't really post here much. But I do read a lot of posts. I'm going to try to respond without offending anyone's beliefs.

In response to the OP; I believe McCartney's comment is indicative of what foreign leaders, figure heads, and influentials believed of Bush and unfortunatley America in turn. I would think that would be more upsetting.

All of these men are poiticians. Bush for his term, I believe, and this is my opinion, he tanked the country. Not alone though. The "big banks" "wall street types", foreign constituents and both parties republican and democrats helped tremendously. But Bush was a social nigtmare with a persona that exuded incompetence. His entire administration was a clusterf#$%. From a lie to start a war, to the mismanagement of funds regarding Haliburton throughout the duration. I will not attack Bush as a man. I don't think he governed his office as only a man but as a tool for his party, constituents and benefactors.

Obama is president. That's all. He has the same responsibilities as a tool for his party, and constituents and benefactors. He caters to them the same way. Those who do not benefit from that catering will be disapproving, myself included. The question is will the decisions made by his office be so detrimental to the country as Bush's were. I do not agree with everything he says, but I do agree that the republicans have decided to attack his policies simply because they are his.

But none of us can be right about our opinions. Presidential greatness is measured by popularity and the integrity of the office after service. History had taught us that.

Well the health bill for one and the economy for another (INMHO). There are a lot of people that the health bill is helping and many more in the next few years. I am on Medicare now but before passing 65, my insurance was around $800 per month. I was fortunate that I could pay it. But it was too much. Thankfully (and hopefully) these costs will come down.

Care to make a bet on health insurance premiums going down? I'm now working to help pay for my neighbors health insurance, mortgage and clunker vehicles......probably while he's out fishing today. Perhaps my neighbor would like a set of Martin Logans as well, why don't we all pitch in to help him out?? Obama....... One Big Ass Mistake America

I'm now working to help pay for my neighbors health insurance, mortgage and clunker vehicles......probably while he's out fishing today.

You are paying a lot more than that to fund a completely unnecessary war in Iraq that was started by Bush/Cheney. For that matter, the war in Afghanistan is dragging on and costing more because Bush/Cheney dropped the ball on it early on in order to pursue their Iraqi agenda. These two wars together have so far cost us over One Trillion Dollars! And since this has just been added to our budget deficit, we are also paying interest on this amount.

At least now you're money is going to provide basic health care to Americans . . . instead of just going toward the murder of foreigners and the destruction and then rebuilding of their country.

Tell me, when you turn 65, do you intend to take advantage of Medicare/Medicaid? Or would you rather just do away with those programs altogether?

Gotta agree with that Rich... This war thing is going to bankrupt us. If memory serves me correctly, hasn't every other country that started a conflict in Afg. almost gone broke as well?

Where did I defend Bush in his spending? By the way, he spent way too much even outside of the wars. Do I intend to take advantage of medicare and medicaide? How about social security? I should, I have contributed towards them. Unfortunately, by the time I turn 65 (which probably won't be the eligible age by the time I get there), I'm just hoping the programs still exist in the same way that they do today. Others have received more benefits than contributions they made, however, for my generation the opposite is likely to be true. It's not a question of wether I would do away with the programs, they should have never existed in the first place. The government never had any business involving itself in what amounts to ponzi schemes. I'm willing to lend my fellow citizens a hand, in fact, my wife and I do and we don't need the governments intervention to do so. However, a hand up is very different than a hand out. Try feeding a couple of deer in your yard every day and see what you have 5 years later.

Where did I defend Bush in his spending? By the way, he spent way too much even outside of the wars. Do I intend to take advantage of medicare and medicaide? How about social security? I should, I have contributed towards them. Unfortunately, by the time I turn 65 (which probably won't be the eligible age by the time I get there), I'm just hoping the programs still exist in the same way that they do today. Others have received more benefits than contributions they made, however, for my generation the opposite is likely to be true. It's not a question of wether I would do away with the programs, they should have never existed in the first place. The government never had any business involving itself in what amounts to ponzi schemes. I'm willing to lend my fellow citizens a hand, in fact, my wife and I do and we don't need the governments intervention to do so. However, a hand up is very different than a hand out. Try feeding a couple of deer in your yard every day and see what you have 5 years later.

When I first read this, I questioned your sanity. Sorry but that is what your rant evoked. For the record I am 66 and may retire next year. Social Security and Medicare will be important components of my retirement. If the programs' funds become depleted, we have our politicians to thank for it and since we elect them ourselves as well. You can't rob Peter to pay Paul!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back