what a Jerk

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try feeding a couple of deer in your yard every day and see what you have 5 years later.[/QUOTE]

I have for the last 5 years since we moved back to a rural area. I think there are about the same number of deer but there is more hunting now for the neighbors to feed their families.:rolleyes:

I agree with you though. The more you provide to many people, the more they want and the less they are willing to do for themselves.

I agree with you though. The more you provide to many people, the more they want and the less they are willing to do for themselves.

I do agree with your comment.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

When I first read this, I questioned your sanity. Sorry but that is what your rant evoked. For the record I am 66 and may retire next year. Social Security and Medicare will be important components of my retirement. If the programs' funds become depleted, we have our politicians to thank for it and since we elect them ourselves as well. You can't rob Peter to pay Paul!

So please tell me why you think I'm wrong. Just because you, and bunch of other baby boomers coming along as well, are having to rely on these government programs to keep you going through your retirement years only makes my point. Just because it will work out for you, but at the very real possibility of being a great weight on future generations, doesn't make it right. And yet we continue to place a burden on the working class with more and more entitlement programs. So you questioned my sanity, that's ok. I'm guessing your contemplating retiring now, not because you have so much money banked, (you've already admitted that you're going to be waiting for the govt checks), but because you're starting to not be able to concentrate on your work. Maybe starting to get a bit mistake prone. Perhaps my use of commonsense reasoning just blew what is left of your senile mind. Sorry, that is what your response evoked.:D

So please tell me why you think I'm wrong.

Kevin, you are obviously very young and very misinformed, not to mention somewhat misguided. let me try and help you out............

First off some of us are self employed, do you have any idea how much (percentage) we contribute to Social security ???...approx 15%....do you know where that money is 'kept' ??......the 'General Fund', which means it can be manipulated by the very 'elected idiots' we put in Washington.

Son, that's mine, Roberts and anyone else's money that we ARE entitled to ! NOT to be foolishly spent by the feds.

While I'll agree that no one should plan to rely soley on SS it does not mean we shouldn't expect a return on our respective 'investment' !

First off, I have but one father, so I am not your son. Secondly, I'm self employed as well, but I'm not sure what that has to do with government entitlement programs. Perhaps you're not really getting where I'm coming from, I really believe things can get misunderstood when posting thoughts in forums such as this. I don't think social security, along with the health care programs, should have ever started in the first place. At least it should have never been a system that required mandatory participation. You and others should be able to collect on what you have paid in, so should I. However, while others may need the government to babysit their money until it's time to collect on it later in life, I'm responsible enough to make my own decisions on what to do with the money I have earned. Your correct, the feds have foolishly spent this money that they said in the beginning would be protected. Robert mentioned, as an answer to an early question, that the health care bill was something good that Obama has done. So how am I now to believe that these "elected idiots", who couldn't manage these existing programs, are now going to give us cheaper and better health care?? I may or may not be younger, but I'm far from being the one who is misinformed. The passing of the health care bill is akin to my adding an addition onto my existing home, before repairing the existing cracks in the foundation and patching the leaky roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back