what a Jerk

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

repman

Reaction score
A sweet moment, but McCartney topped it off with a bite. After thanking the Library of Congress one last time, he let it rip: "After the last eight years, it's good to have a president that knows what a library is."

What a *********!!! I am sick of jerks like this!!

Here he is a guest in our country and is performing for our President and he insults a former president at that performance , just goes to show that being knighted dosent ensure you have class.

Even if you dont like Bush you have to feel angered that a foreigner in our country being honored insults one of our own and all the idiots on stage with him laughed right along ( Jerry Seinfeld, Stevie Wonder, ect )

What ever happened to patriotism and sticking up for our own.

Sorry for the rant I am just ****ed off about this classless act

Last edited:
Completely Agree! (with McCartney, that is). Bush was a complete idiot and showed it countless times. And given the incredibly rude manner that republicans have treated this sitting president on multiple occasions, I see no reason to pull any punches regarding Bush/Cheney. McCartney simply voiced what a good third to half of our own nation feels about the former president.

Some where in the middle

Completely Agree! (with McCartney, that is). Bush was a complete idiot and showed it countless times. And given the incredibly rude manner that republicans have treated this sitting president on multiple occasions, I see no reason to pull any punches regarding Bush/Cheney. McCartney simply voiced what a good third to half of our own nation feels about the former president.

Well, I liked the comment but it was the wrong forum. Sometimes you just need to zip it.

Isn't this country great? When anyone can come here and say almost anything they want. I think McCartney's statement may have been unlawful in Great Britain. http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/great-britains-free-speech-breakdown/

Since this is a political thread...

...Obama has done what for us (in a good way)? Hmm.

That's what I thought!!!

I hear ya Larry, always thought McCartney was a jerk anyways, still probably ****ed that we kicked their butts in the revolution !

Hey I got an idea...............how about we take McCartney and Pelosi and use the two of them to 'stuff the oil leak' in the Gulf !

Hey I got an idea...............how about we take McCartney and Pelosi and use the two of them to 'stuff the oil leak' in the Gulf !

That's the best idea I've heard yet!

Completely agree ..

Any other president would have been impeached for messing up the country so badly.. Dubya's got teflon gitchies like I've never seen .. :p

Since this is a political thread...

...Obama has done what for us (in a good way)? Hmm.

That's what I thought!!!

Well the health bill for one and the economy for another (INMHO). There are a lot of people that the health bill is helping and many more in the next few years. I am on Medicare now but before passing 65, my insurance was around $800 per month. I was fortunate that I could pay it. But it was too much. Thankfully (and hopefully) these costs will come down.

To be honest, I don't believe that anyone can save this country. There are too many kooks (not from this forum) and people that are only for themselves that we will continue to spiral downwards. I think we all need to spend one day in the Indian, Chinese, Eastern European or Haitian countryside.

Count your blessings and work together. Sorry about the flame but...

As always Rich you cant stay on point.

This comment had nothing to do with Bush or republicans, I was merely stating I think it is of little class to make such a statement in that setting.

I guess if you feel that it is acceptable for a guest in our country to insult a former president then I completely agree, YOU and McCartney have no class

I hear ya Larry, always thought McCartney was a jerk anyways, still probably ****ed that we kicked their butts in the revolution !

Dave you are one of a kind ( in a good way!)

This comment had nothing to do with Bush or republicans, I was merely stating I think it is of little class to make such a statement in that setting.

I guess if you feel that it is acceptable for a guest in our country to insult a former president then I completely agree, YOU and McCartney have no class

On the contrary.. .I think it takes a real man to stand up and state his mind, irrespective of those who might think otherwise of him.

"This above all else, to thine own self be true".

My comment was absolutely on topic. It specifically addressed the substance of your post, and offered a contrary opinion of the event. What I did not do is take a personal swipe at you for stating your opinion even though I disagree with it. You, however, could not address the substance of what I said without making a personal insult toward me. Who is the classless one here?

If you are going to post a political post on the forum, then you had better expect there will be people who have vehemently opposite views as you. If you can't debate these issues without making personal attacks, then perhaps you need to find a different forum to post on. Get the hint?

On the contrary.. .I think it takes a real man to stand up and state his mind, irrespective of those who might think otherwise of him.

"This above all else, to thine own self be true".

Ah another foreigner with an opinion all in the same week , how did we get so lucky:D

My comment was absolutely on topic. It specifically addressed the substance of your post, and offered a contrary opinion of the event. What I did not do is take a personal swipe at you for stating your opinion even though I disagree with it. You, however, could not address the substance of what I said without making a personal insult toward me. Who is the classless one here?

If you are going to post a political post on the forum, then you had better expect there will be people who have vehemently opposite views as you. If you can't debate these issues without making personal attacks, then perhaps you need to find a different forum to post on. Get the hint?

I dont mind an opposite view , I just dislike Jerks like you who always take a contrary view to most any post, and your right I have no class I graduated years ago

Ah another foreigner with an opinion all in the same week , how did we get so lucky:D

Hey.. .at least I **KNOW** who your last 3 Presidents were ! got a clue who our last 3 Prime Ministers were ? Yeah.. I thought not..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back