Waiting For New ML Models

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOON

Reaction score
I am curious if there are members here sitting on the fence waiting for new Martin Logan technology or models to come out instead of buying from the current line up.Martin Logan has promised some new models and development coming out in the future.
Maybe with the new Monolith that's coming out next year, there might be a smaller version also to choose from.

Not me. All of my current MLs still work and sound great. Had a listening session last night where I introduced a friend to high end audio with my system. He was appropriately blown away with the detail retrieval and imaging ("It's like High Definition Audio", he exclaimed). If I was in the market for something new, I think I would have to be looking further than ML's lineup. Too many good speakers out there these days, many of which are actually made in America.

Like Rich ,I'm more than pleased with my present set up, I will though look forward to something new. Having listened recently to the new Montis there was nothing in its sound signature that would make me change from my Spire's.

For me(and others I'm sure) I've reached a plateau that in order to improve upon which I have would require sizeable $$ that I have no desire to spend......yes I have other intrests that consume my 'play money' as well.

I'm sittin' tight and hoping there will be a Summit XXX (or whatever) forthcoming, with built-in DSP/Room EQ capability.

After many years with MLs I don't think I'll ever go back. I know that I quite markedly prefer planar magnetic technology (when done right). To that effect I am having another pair of Duetta Sigs built. However, this pair is quite markedly different spec wise to my current pair... when they arrive I'm sure I'll provide some detailed info.

I'm quite happy with what I have for now. But I'd love to see a new Monolith, and might upgrade to a set if worth it.

My ideal setup is likely going to wait until I either build a new home with a new room or remodel the current room to accommodate the infinite baffle built-in speakers I envision.

Absolutely agree...I have Monolith III's and still prefer their size, dynamics to the newer model's size. I think a newer Monolith would benefit from updated panels (I just bought new Monolith panels so maybe I'm there) transformers et al internal electronics.

new models

I purchased a demo pair of the Summits years ago when the x's were coming out i saved a lot of money and i feel they perform very well I listened to the X's and did not notice a 6,000 dollar difference you can't go wrong with the older technology look at all the people that have the CLS's and are very happy with them. if you wait for new models you're going to have a long wait and not enjoying your music. there are always going to be new models as soon you buy new they will have a newer one.

I am VERY VERY happy with my Summit X's. Best speakers I've ever heard and I've listened to some speakers that cost 3 times as much. Will keep for a long time.

Absolutely satisfied with my current setup, even when newer and better (?) models come available it doesn't take away anything from what I have now :music:

Latest posts

Back