This BOSE transport is awesome!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I've been to the "Dragon" on three separate trips with sportbikes. I've probably "done" the Dragon at least 20 times. I can believe that a good driver in a Cayman could cause sportbikes a headache there, as it really has no straights, just turn after turn after turn. Now, if there were some decent straights, then a good rider on a good bike should be able to drop a Cayman. It's simple really, a bike can just out accellerate it.

Steve, congrats on the new car! LOOKS AWESOME! I Love those little gators! They are awesome looking cars! Nothing new here...same six. Was working on a new one but it did not happen...or has not happened yet anyway.

Thanks James. If I remember correctly, you weren't getting another Porsche, but something else?

As a fellow sportbike rider and a veteran of a dozen trips to the Alcoa/Maryville/Robbinsville area -- and 60 to 80 passes through the Dragon -- I gotta say:

CONGRATS on the sweet ride !! VDR is envious. I had several sports cars, but now I'm paying for two college educations. So my nice car days are temporarily suspended. C'est La Vie ....

Now about that Caymen vs. YZF-R1 challenge.... You're on !!

Let's do it early in the morning and during the work week so that we won't get killed or slowed down by pokie-a$$ Harleys or punked by the cops !!!

LOL !!!

~VDR

Killboy got me on the front page last year !!

Attachments

• KillboyHardLeft (Medium).jpg
    KillboyHardLeft (Medium).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 88
Steve,

I mapped out a route for your next trip -- to the Tail of the Dragon on the border of Tennessee and North Carolina. Read a great article in Men's Journal about a guy in a Cayman hanging with sports bikes on that road.
You can't really grade the quality of a car on street driving. Street driving is merely a measure of how fast you're willing to go, or how stupid you are. :) Not to mention about 80% of those sport bike guys should be on GS-500s figuring out htf bikes work... :D I've gone through the dragon in a Cherokee all but pushing a Boxster through the entire trip, but I'd hardly rate the Jeep as the better vehicle. The guy was sure trying hard enough, but he really had no idea what he was doing.

Geezr, that's one hell of a nice car. If the top went down it'd be the best Porsche since the 904. ;) It's a crappy cell pic, but there are a couple of Caymans and CaymanSs in there.

Attachments

• infield (Medium).jpg
    infield (Medium).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Back