The DON

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry or do something else and dreading the vitriol, insults, lies, and half truths that we will all be hearing over the next few months.

and that's just from Hilary !!

just think what 'the Don' will have to say !!

My financial advisor is a lifelong conservative. He confided in me a few months ago that if Trump got the republican nomination, he would have to vote for Hillary. It would be the first time in his life to vote for a democrat! I've heard similar thoughts from other lifelong conservatives.

I think the Republican Party is completely fractured between hard right demagogues (tea party types), evangelicals and socially-liberal / fiscally-conservative moderates (often referred to as "RINOs"). In one fell swoop, Trump has totally hoodwinked the demagogues and half the evangelicals, while alienating everyone else. Another interesting thing to come out of all this is the hit FOX News' ratings are taking because their obvious love for Trump and disdain for Cruz has alienated a large chunk of their viewer base.

One thing is for sure. If the republicans lose their third presidential contest in a row this year, they are going to have to take a hard look at themselves and their platform.

My financial advisor is a lifelong conservative. He confided in me a few months ago that if Trump got the republican nomination, he would have to vote for Hillary. It would be the first time in his life to vote for a democrat!

LOL ............'life long conservative' voting for Hilary, just out of principal that makes no sense ......... better to write in 'Donald Duck' !

I knew that was coming.

You never disappoint my friend. :ROFL:

sadly Gordon there is truth in what I typed .............

I'm afraid the next six months will possibly even make Jerry Springer blush .......

You will note Dave that I posted in a manner that allowed both sides to affirm my thoughts.

I know how you feel about Hillary. Suffice to say we can respectfully agree to disagree.

As with you and Hillary, the DON scares the crap out of me.

Too bad we could not have had Kasich and Sanders.

That would have been good but it makes too much sense.

My financial advisor is a lifelong conservative. He confided in me a few months ago that if Trump got the republican nomination, he would have to vote for Hillary. It would be the first time in his life to vote for a democrat! I've heard similar thoughts from other lifelong conservatives.

I think the Republican Party is completely fractured between hard right demagogues (tea party types), evangelicals and socially-liberal / fiscally-conservative moderates (often referred to as "RINOs"). In one fell swoop, Trump has totally hoodwinked the demagogues and half the evangelicals, while alienating everyone else. Another interesting thing to come out of all this is the hit FOX News' ratings are taking because their obvious love for Trump and disdain for Cruz has alienated a large chunk of their viewer base.

One thing is for sure. If the republicans lose their third presidential contest in a row this year, they are going to have to take a hard look at themselves and their platform.

I've been saying the same thing for quite a while now. The tail has been wagging the dog.

LOL ............'life long conservative' voting for Hilary, just out of principal that makes no sense ......... better to write in 'Donald Duck' !

Better Hillary than the Don. Let's see your list of things Hillary has done to make you despise her so.

Steve, can you what she has done to like her and think she would be acceptable for office? I honestly cannot think of anything positive about her. I'm open to your suggestions.

It makes perfect sense, Dave. As a lifelong democrat, I voted for my state's former republican governor, Bob Riley, because he was clearly the better of the two choices to run the state. I don't think it's a far stretch for a lifelong conservative to decide that between Trump and Clinton, Hillary is the better choice to run the country.

Let's face it: before this election cycle they were both moderate democrats. Neither of them really appeals to most true republicans. The only question is which one will do a better job as President. Given Hillary's experience as a Senator and Secretary of State, vs. Trump's experience as a real estate mogul and reality show "actor", I think it's not a far reach for even conservatives to conclude Hillary is the better choice between the two.

She was a senator and she was the Secretary of State, but what did she really accomplish in either of those positions, other than add to the list of Clinton scandals?

normally I would say that choosing not to vote is your right and option and I respect that, but now that Trump has it locked up in the GOP, I would urge all republicans to vote for the Democrat candidate. We must stop Trump from getting into office!! He's dangerous and scary!! I am a Sanders supporter, but will vote for Hillary. ANYONE BUT TRUMP.

I'm expecting to vote for Hillary as well. Donald is a loose canon and while I want change, I want it to be a methodical well thought out change not just rolling the dice and hoping not to get snake eyes.

Geesh Tom, you are a Sanders supporter, someone who said he didn't think a 90% tax rate was too high, and in his 30's wrote an article about a woman enjoying being raped by multiple men, but he's not scary and dangerous??

and in his 30's wrote an article about a woman enjoying being raped by multiple men, but he's not scary and dangerous??

That's actually not what the article is about; it's the lead-in that sets up the subject of the article, which is gender roles. And it wasn't about a woman enjoying being raped, it was about her fantasizing about it during sex. But then, you wouldn't know that because you never read the article. Way to take something from forty years ago completely out of context to try to make Sanders look scary. Versus the scary things Trump has said this year which are too numerous to list, there is no contest who is scarier.

Better Hillary than the Don. Let's see your list of things Hillary has done to make you despise her so.

Like many others I simply don't trust her, what / who she will appoint to the Supreme Court is a major concern (my second amendment rights mean more to me than they do to you I suspect). She's carpet bagging political scum in my book. As for 'the Don', he's just a Carnival Huckster and 'wanna be' political scum.

It makes perfect sense, Dave. As a lifelong democrat, I voted for my state's former republican governor, Bob Riley, because he was clearly the better of the two choices to run the state. I don't think it's a far stretch for a lifelong conservative to decide that between Trump and Clinton, Hillary is the better choice to run the country.

Let's face it: before this election cycle they were both moderate democrats. Neither of them really appeals to most true republicans. The only question is which one will do a better job as President. Given Hillary's experience as a Senator and Secretary of State, vs. Trump's experience as a real estate mogul and reality show "actor", I think it's not a far reach for even conservatives to conclude Hillary is the better choice between the two.

Rich, that's why there's a 'write in' section on the ballot. Regardless, I do see your point and it was safe bet from the get go that you, Steve, Len and Gordon would be voting for Hillary even if Trump hadn't locked it up. As for me........'P. Paulson' or 'D. Duck' ......tough decision !

Like many others I simply don't trust her, what / who she will appoint to the Supreme Court is a major concern (my second amendment rights mean more to me than they do to you I suspect). She's carpet bagging political scum in my book. As for 'the Don', he's just a Carnival Huckster and 'wanna be' political scum.

If that's what concerns you, Dave, you should be furious with Senate republicans for stonewalling Obama's moderate pick for the Court. I assure you Hillary will choose someone MUCH more Liberal. And if Trump hurts republican turnout down-ticket and the Senate changes hands, they will be a lock for confirmation. The right wing is seriously shooting themselves in the foot here with their stubbornness.

Oh, and as far as Trump goes, you do know he was a supporter of Bill's Assault Weapons Ban, don't you? And never put up any fuss about the NY SAFE Act. I wouldn't consider him to be a reliable defender of the Second Amendment.

The New York Times even called it an "article on women's fantasies of rape". Besides the line about a woman enjoying being raped, he also asked, “Do you know why the newspaper with the articles like, 'girl 12, raped by 14 men' sell so well? To what in us are they appealing?’’ Appealing? I have a daughter who is currently 12 years old, I can assure you I don't find it appealing, nor did I when I was 30. Would you call it appealing or sick? But it's just some opening lines to set up an article on "gender roles"? I guess democrats have a different vision of dangerous and scary than do. http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...972-article-on-womens-fantasies-of-rape/?_r=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back