McCain and Obama

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What religion or religious hang-ups would prevent you from voting for the candidate that you find the most appropriate?

I would vote for him if he was not pro choice that is the main problem I have with the democrats other than that I am all for it.

This has been a very interesting tread, i have just finished reading it all (pheeew!)..., dispite there is major issues which has not been mentioned at all, i will still congrats you all for keeping such a clam debate.
I think USA as a nation will see a major change for the better in any aspect, cuase the IQ of the Pres. will double! :ROFL:

and personal im looking forward to see my own country or rather our primeminister not any more will have role of beeing "best little pale" for the US Pres. ;)

only double the IQ give obama more credit than that!

CNN has declared Barack Obama the winner. Congrats to him and congrats to our country. What an amazing day!

I think when push comes to shove on election day America is not ready to elect a black man as President.

Doc you'll have to eat your words.

But that being said I hope in my childrens lifetime, we won't even be talking about color anymore becuase it will be a non issue and something we don't even think about anymore. That will be something to celebrate.

The words of Martin Luther King, Jr. seem so utterly apt at this moment.

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.'"

Poor Stephan Harper, not only did he lose his master, G.W.Bush but he has also lost the other master he had in mind, MCCAin.

Again I have to say after listening to President Elect Barack Obama's speech, what day, what a country! I will be telling my grand kids about this day. I was completely moved!

A great moment..., congrats! USA :rocker:

you have elected the kind of leader your nation and more significant the world needs.., now he just needs to phone Robert McNamara to get some advices of what not to do :p

Again I have to say after listening to President Elect Barack Obama's speech, what day, what a country! I will be telling my grand kids about this day. I was completely moved!

I am so proud to be an American right now. We did the right thing and elected the right man for the job. Kerry and I celebrated his birthday at his favorite restaurant and then came home to watch the results trickle in.

John McCain is a great man and has given so much of himself to this great country. His concession speech was wonderful.

Now let's get our country back on track!!

USA
USA
USA
:rocker:

Tonight, I am incredibly proud of my country. I have been disappointed in my country's choice for president in the last two elections, and was wondering if my views had gone into the minority. I seriously questioned the intelligence and insight of my fellow Americans based upon the political decisions of the majority.

Tonight, America stepped out on a limb and elected a thoughtful, intelligent, charismatic young man . . . a man of mixed race who didn't come from old money or an established political family. A man more in the mold of Lincoln than any other candidate I have seen before. Tonight, a message of hope won out over a message of fear and smear. For too long now, fear has been used as a political hammer in this country. Now the people have spoken that they will not be ruled by fear. They will be moved by hope for a better America.

I give due respect to John McCain. He was graceful and unifying in defeat, showing us a glimmer of the man he used to be. I feel bad for him that he listened to the more conservative voices in his own party and lost the respect of an awful lot of Americans who might otherwise have voted for him. I was disappointed, but not surprised, by the reaction of McCain's audience. It was telling of his campaign strategy and the emotions he had appealed to. I hope the republican party can heal itself of the anger and hate and vitriol that it has for those who are different, those with more liberal viewpoints. It is the only way this nation can truly move forward as one nation.

We must replace our hate with hope, displace our fear with determination, and remove our prejudices and instill unity. We are all Americans. We are becoming a more homogeneous mixture. A true melting pot of blacks, whites, hispanics, asians, straight, gay, conservative, liberal, centrist. We must seek common ground and solutions that work for everyone, or as Brian intimated earlier in this thread, we will not survive as a Nation.

Congratulations to all Americans tonight. I hope that Obama can accomplish half of what he hopes, and I hope the fears of so many conservatives will simply fail to materialize and they will realize that he wasn't so evil after all.

Now, having said all that nice stuff about unity and respect, I will go ahead and toot my own horn and remind you all that I predicted we had a possible landslide in the making way back in post #340 of this thread. It would appear that this prediction has come to pass. Although the popular vote is less than 5% difference, Obama has won an electoral college landslide. This is why you ignore national polls and pay attention to state by state polls and the electoral college in a presidential election. These polls were predicting this landslide weeks ago.

Thanks to all for a great thread, a lively discussion and debate, and for keeping it civil. Despite our differences, liberal vs. conservative, leftist vs. right-wing, tube vs. solid state, vinyl vs. digital, heavy metal vs. jazz, we can all come together as human beings who love great equipment playing great music. ROCK ON!!! :rocker:

These polls were predicting this landslide weeks ago.

Thanks to all for a great thread, a lively discussion and debate, and for keeping it civil. Despite our differences, liberal vs. conservative, leftist vs. right-wing, tube vs. solid state, vinyl vs. digital, heavy metal vs. jazz, we can all come together as human beings who love great equipment playing great music. ROCK ON!!! :rocker:

Here in the UK, we were predicting an Obama win weeks ago. Glad the vast majority of you guys are happy... and I think you have a feeling of patriotism we lost many, many years ago. Once we ruled the world... now we're just a small island somewhere...

Anyway, I'll drink to the last paragraph along with Alice Cooper screaming "I wanna be elected!" What? The election has finished? Don't care - great song! If Obama had used that, it'd have been a 10:1 landslide!

EDIT: I just listened to it after gettin' back home. Seems like the memory of the song is more than the actual song heard now, if you know what I mean. Got dragged to an Alice Cooper concert years ago - and that song seemed cool. Actually, the live version on Billion Dollar Babies fairs better than the studio version. But I wouldn't rush out to buy it.

Time.

Last edited:
Tonight, a message of hope won out over a message of fear and smear.

That statement really ran true when the votes were tailed. The Republican Party could have found any individual exchanging oxygen and got 40% of the vote. Those are not the people they should have been targeting. They should have been going after the moderate 30% of the country that decided the election.

Also, I have to complement Obama on his will to succeed. He could have taken the shortcoming of his unique childhood and chose a much different path with his life. Instead, he used what he had and actually became PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA before the age of 50! This should definitely serve as a standard of what can be accomplished in this great nation.

I am glad to see him win. what a great speach by John McCain I almost felt as though deep inside that he was relieved that he did not win that he was just runing for the service of his country I can't say the same for sarah palin .now its time for everyone to work hard and get the economy going again.

now its time for everyone to work hard and get the economy going again.

Here here to that!

I advise all of you to do your part for the American economy and buy
a pair of CLX's right now. Tell your wives that it's your patriotic duty...

Back