System #79 (Revel Studio II's , previous Spire)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what's up with that amp? are you not going to use it anymore? the PLINIUS I meen

Fish, I did go back and forth this past winter when I first got my Rogue's, but once I 'rolled' in the tube combo I liked it has sat covered up ! I just can't seem to part with it, for IMO, it is one of the sweetest sounding SS Class "A" amps I've heard.......now if the right offer comes along ?????

have you tride it with the spires yet? I have spires to ya know. I would like to know how it sounds

Fish, I did go back and forth this past winter when I first got my Rogue's, but once I 'rolled' in the tube combo I liked it has sat covered up ! I just can't seem to part with it, for IMO, it is one of the sweetest sounding SS Class "A" amps I've heard.......now if the right offer comes along ?????
Dave, forget the emotional tie! Sell it and buy more toys (or music) with the money......or send the money to me !! ;)

have you tride it with the spires yet? I would like to know how it sounds

I plan to this coming weekend, I'll be sure to give you some feedback, which I know will be mighty good !

Bernard, you're probably right.......I suppose once I get to hear Mark O'briens new flagship MonoBlocks (Apollos) in the near future I'll want to unload the M-150's as well !! LOL !

Dave,
First, Happy New Year to you. Second, Congratulations on a fine system. I wish I could put in the new S.M.V. disc thru the computer and hear Stanley Clarke and Marcus Miller`s bass plucking thru your setup.

Way to go.

I wish I could put in the new S.M.V. disc thru the computer and hear Stanley Clarke and Marcus Miller`s bass plucking thru your setup.

Way to go.

Thank you, please read your past two PM's I sent you and re-do your Jazz posting according to Tom's guidelines and we'll get it posted ASAP !

How do the Spire's match with the Fresco center? HT is of secondary concern for me and I would like to replace my Klipsch RF-7s with Spires but wonder if I would be better off with a Fresco i for a center or keeping my Klipsch RC-7? (The other ML centers are 2 big, expensive and would require a multi-channel amp)

How do the Spire's match with the Fresco center? HT is of secondary concern for me and I would like to replace my Klipsch RF-7s with Spires

"mac', good morning, I think are feelings with regards to HT are about the same. So for that reason I can tell you the Fresco does A-OK !

Having owned the the RF and RC - 7's in the past and had kept the RC-7 for awhile after getting my Vantage's, and it performed OK, I do believe the Fresco integration works better ....sonically and visually.

While my multi-channel SACD collection is small and my SACD player / Receiver is by no means "top-shelf" they do a fine job with my speaker set-up.

Great, thanks, and I agree visually it would look much better

What stand is your Fresco on? I need a simliar setup, perhaps shorter.

Is it secured/mounted? Or could a child knock it over?

What stand is your Fresco on?

Truthfully........ I can't remember, got it off some internet site over three years ago now, sorry.

Is it secured/mounted? Or could a child knock it over?

The base is spiked to the floor, Fresco sits on rubber feet between it and stand platform.

Yes, a child could eaily knock it over.

this system deserves more stars fellas look at his equipment and intimate room setting. time to get the vote out

You should hear his system.

When I was at Overture in Delaware I was talking to the sales reps about Dave's system. They know him well since Dave is good friends with the family that owns Overture.

Basically the sales rep told me his set up is "unfair."

Erik

are you a switch hitter or a biamping?

Maybe I did not read you correctly. You have the Plinius and Rogue Audio. Do you switch back and forth or do you bi- amp? Have you seen the new big Rogue Audio mono blocks?
Gregadd:cool:

You have the Plinius and Rogue Audio. Do you switch back and forth or do you bi- amp? Have you seen the new big Rogue Audio mono blocks?
Gregadd:cool:

Greg,

When I initially put the Rogue's into the system I did go back and forth between them and my 'Plinny'. Now that I've got the Tubes of my liking rolled into them I have pretty much stayed with the M-150's.

FWIW, I can't seem to part with my Plinius ....just yet !

Regarding Mark's new big Apollo Monoblocks, I've got and invitation to get up to his place and listen to them against his "Vanny 5's" , hopefully I will make it happen within the next month. I will be sure to let everyone know how they perform.

Dave,

Wonderful system, way above my pay grade!!

From the pictures on the wall I gather you must be a railfan. So am I. I also have a (still unfinished) model train layout in my basement. My last train trip was in 2008, on an Italian (of course!) ETR 500 from Venice to Rome. True high speed from Florence to Rome only, though. Prior to that, Edinborough to London and London to Paris on the Eurostar that goes through the "Chunnel."

From the pictures on the wall I gather you must be a railfan. So am I. I also have a (still unfinished) model train layout in my basement. My last train trip was in 2008, on an Italian (of course!) ETR 500 from Venice to Rome. True high speed from Florence to Rome only, though. Prior to that, Edinborough to London and London to Paris on the Eurostar that goes through the "Chunnel."

Third generation railroader myself, it's in the blood !

The London - Edinborough trip is one I want to do !

My model RR is a garden layout in my backyard that I run 'live' steam on.

Procrastination.......No More !!

Well after months of vacillation / procrastination I have made a cartridge change / update..........Micro Benz 'Glider S' , .8 millivolt version. I hemed and hawed over damn near everything but when it came down to it...I really like the 'Benz' sound !

My initial impression is what i love about Benz, tonally flush, great soundstage, good micro-dynamics along with very good resolution at the freq extremes. It can only get better once i have 30 hrs or so on it (Bernard, I'll give you an update once I hit 500hrs...:D )

Attachments

• BENZGLIDM-Large[1].jpg
    BENZGLIDM-Large[1].jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 520
(Bernard, I'll give you an update once I hit 500hrs...:D )
Dave, you're no fun, anticipating what I'm going to say :(

Do let us know how it sounds.....I suspect that it will be in the analytical/accurate camp, whereas my Koetsu is firmly in the romantic camp.

BTW with a body like that (the cartridge's not yours !) what alignment protractor do you use? I know that the Feickert is popular, but it uses the cartridge body, not the cantilever for alignment.

Last edited:
Back