System #47 (CLS)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ward , very nice. I see economic crunch hasn't spoiled your attitude to spark the economy. I love the Prodigies. Ken had a set and I loved listening top them. They do need a large room to shine and LOTS of power and current. :rocker:

They are presently in the sun room until I determine what I'm going to do with them.

Anyone interested in some lightly used speakers that only played chamber music on Sundays? :rolleyes:

Just in case someone reads this old post, the CLS have a new home with Texas42.

How did your custom Dynaco ST-70 turn out ?...I wish someone would provide a similar chassis layout...I have heard th Bob Latino kit and it is excellent but do not like the old style looks.

Now the living room gets a change. The McIntosh C36 and Tercel phono pre are out and an SST Ambrosia pre with built in phono has taken their place. It is a very crisp clean pre with lots of detail and no color.

2chnl_ambrosia.jpg

This is definately one of my favourite member's system threads. Great pics & very nice kit. Respect! Just love the finish on the DIY speakers. Fantastic stuff.

Christmas 2010 with the new to me Conrad Johnson Premier 16LS

Wow... that setup looks amazing!

How on earth have you managed to hide all of the cords, cables , umbilicals, etc etc? I've never seen a system with that many components and hardly a sign of interconnection in evidence (I do see some cordage, but man that's clean). Is it just a camera angle thing, or have you figured out quantum level free-space connectivity for power and audio signal transport? ;)

Update... never mind... I looked further back in the thread an now I see the cables... I guess it was a camera angle thing and perhaps a lighting issue on that last pic. Regardless, still awesome!

Last edited:
Wow... that setup looks amazing!

How on earth have you managed to hide all of the cords, cables , umbilicals, etc etc? I've never seen a system with that many components and hardly a sign of interconnection in evidence (I do see some cordage, but man that's clean). Is it just a camera angle thing, or have you figured out quantum level free-space connectivity for power and audio signal transport? ;)

Update... never mind... I looked further back in the thread an now I see the cables... I guess it was a camera angle thing and perhaps a lighting issue on that last pic. Regardless, still awesome!

The last picture is more indicative of the present cable management. I use long strips of velcro that sticks to itself and tied the cables to the rear leg. The clear Nordost cables also help.

This is one of the nicest looking systems here at ML forums.

I've seen it posted up at AudioKarma too. That's where I read where you purchased your custom made TT cover (it with your TT is pictured on their website) I need to make measurements and fax a drawing over to them soon.

Love the job you did on refinishing those speakers! I wanted to do the same to my ReQuests, but after finding out ML will soon stop producing new panels for them, I may not :(

Enjoy!! :)

With the Klipsch in the den, the Martin Logan Prodigy had to move. So, I put a "little" system together in the dining room. It's not something you really listen to at dinner. It does do well for house music and they match the furniture. You may notice I moved the Conrad Johnson 16LS into this system and put the McIntosh C36 back in the living room.

diningroom.jpg

In case you were wondering about the Klipsch Jubilee speakers in the den. Just set these up, along with moving the Danley DTS-10 sub horn into the next room (fires into the room from behind the curtain). This home theater should be dynamic to say the least

jubs1.jpg

Ok you've seen my nicer system but here is what started it and stays to this day: my vintage gear room. Some gear in use, like the SAE, but most presently not used or in need of some sort of repair, project completion or TLC.

sunroom1.jpg

sunroom2.jpg

Very cool, Luther. Is that a Pioneer cassette deck? Teac R2R? I think I see some Sansui there, too? I should take my old stuff out of their boxes, they'd make good audio room decorations, too!

It is a real plethora of audio: JBL, Altec, M&K, Carver, Krell, Pioneer, SAE, Yamaha, Teac, Mission, Parasound, Sumo, SST (spread spectrum technologies), Bottlehead and a lot of DIY. There is more in the garage and shed that I should just set up in this room. If for no other reason than to be able to look at it. Just things like Apogee Duetta Signatures are large and take up floor space.

Back