System #47 (CLS)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because this is a never ending journey, I have replaced the Tv. Here is a pic I snapped this morning with the new Samsung 52" LCD (LN52A750).

HT052108.jpg

This picture was taken Nov 1st 2008 at an audio meet I held. This little system on the floor and the speakers on the stools were for that meet. Everything else is as it is on a normal basis.

den.jpg

Luthor, looks great! I've also got a Samsung 52" and I must say that you will get an even better picture if you get it professionally adjusted. Best Buy offers this service for $150 and it is well worth it.

Champion

Thought I would let you know I have looked into upgrading My Champion to a Champion 2 (absent the 2nd plinth) This would include larger platter, motor riser and tonearm riser..............................$2500.00 What!!!!!

They told me the platter alone was $1800.00. Looks like I won't be doing this anytime soon. As a matter of fact the Needle Doc advised me to sell and look at another brand as the price of Clearaudio has gone through the roof.

BTW where is the TT in post #63

Doug - out

I posted it a week or so ago, but the same has happened here to Clearaudio prices. They have just gone insane due to exchange rates. Shame. I like the idea of the mag. bearing they do as an upgrade.

Could try a Michell Orbe, the exchange rate is very much in your favour.

Thought I would let you know I have looked into upgrading My Champion to a Champion 2 (absent the 2nd plinth) This would include larger platter, motor riser and tonearm riser..............................$2500.00 What!!!!!

They told me the platter alone was $1800.00. Looks like I won't be doing this anytime soon. As a matter of fact the Needle Doc advised me to sell and look at another brand as the price of Clearaudio has gone through the roof.

BTW where is the TT in post #63

Doug - out

I got a killer deal as a showroom demo on my Clearaudio. He even threw in a new arm when one of the salesmen sold the arm off it before I could close the deal. Anyway, the table is part of my 2-channel rig in the living room. the picture above is my den.

its like looking at a perfectly figured woman, a classic car you just cleaned, or a harley youve been wanting for so long, damn sexy. Im very new at this, so I hope you dont mind coaching me a little here. 1st of are those amps on the floor? if so what kind? whats that on the 2nd shelf from the top? can this system be used for HT as well? thanks and wish i could hear what your setup sounds like (drool, slurp)

its like looking at a perfectly figured woman, a classic car you just cleaned, or a harley youve been wanting for so long, damn sexy. Im very new at this, so I hope you dont mind coaching me a little here. 1st of are those amps on the floor? if so what kind? whats that on the 2nd shelf from the top? can this system be used for HT as well? thanks and wish i could hear what your setup sounds like (drool, slurp)

You must be new if you haven't figured out that audio guys LOVE to talk about their systems. Almost as much as listening to them. So it would be my pleasure to answer any questions.

This is my 2-channel rig in the living room. My home theater is a totally different system. This one consists of (from the top)

Clearaudio Champion II with SME 309 arm and Benz Micro Glider cartridge
Shanling CD-T1500 CD player
McIntosh C36 preamp
Juicy Music Tercel phono preamp
PS Audio Quintessence Power Center
Shanling SP-80 mono block amplifiers on the floor
Speakers are DIY: JBL 2235H, JBL 077, Altec 802-8G on 511B horns.
Cabinets are baltic birch and MDF veneered with sapele pommele

I kinda figured audio people like talking about their system coz my lowly2x system I babble about to people who really dont even care lol. I was just being polite. However I am new as in brand spanking new. learning a bit here and there. I really dig your shanlings. I havent heard them yet but im already sure they sound great and i want them. how i wish i could get a taste in the near future. why do you have 2 preamps? Is it because 1 for the clearaudio and the other for the CD player? how do tubes compare to ordinary amps soundwise? Also could your 2 channel rig double up as HT? Many thanks from an eager learner. avatars not out yet so it must be bootleg. good copy?

Back