System #115 (Ascent, Descent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim - I had a "hi-fi party" otherwise known as a bake off. Had some nice kit here including the Nagra CDP you can just about see. If you check the re-build thread, there's a link to it. But you need to become a member to see the pics.

The Rowland 301s go very loud and exhibit real control, but no, I'm still a 211 man with the Apogees:).

What's all that kit? Where's the TriVista gone? At least I can still see the 211s.

Tri-Vista in the kitchen at the time. It's all in the bake-off thread. See above for how to access it. Shame you have to become a member to see the pics, so here are a couple more. Apogee Perigee system in the lounge. Perigees by Graz. Owned by Jon, the Apogee restoration man here in the UK, far left in the 2nd pic. Perigees are serial number 2. I guess Graz has serial number 1:)

Accuphase CDP heavily moded by Jon, Wyred-4-Sound 500 Watt monos, and Rowan monos to the right.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,636
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 833
Should be hearing the Synergy soon... Graz's high power magnet, and hence very efficient, Apogee - his own design. This very pair, in fact.

Attachments

• 1001553hi5.jpg
    1001553hi5.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,923
Never say never Peter. But I can't see the Duettas leaving anytime soon. I simply love them to bits. Best speakers I have ever owned by some margin.

Actually I must go and listen to those Synergys above. I've met the owner, but it is a long drive. Maybe over the Xmas period.

Very Foxy Looks better than a Mfg's brochure.
Are those Hi-Voltage warning signs?
Once I put Police crime tape around my system for a party............they never left me alone

That's the Synergy 1.5 at the Heathrow, London Hi-Fi Show 2006.

The signs? "Don't you mess up my enigmatic creation so stay the f&*! away" I'd think.:)

Hi Justin,

Gorgeous speakers. You must be a very proud dad. I need to get around to posting a new picture of my system.

Still fiddling with final placement (after one year) but I believe I'm close.

GG

Hi Gordon,

I've just found out another person is getting some Duettas restored as a result of my rebuild thread here. In total, that makes three Duetta sales (that I know of - I suspect there are more) as a result of my rantings on the subject.

Anyway, yup - look forward to seeing your revised system pics, but be careful as the delay in doing so is treading on Rich's territory...:D

Justin

Justin,

Did that person who's getting Duettas restored listen to yours first, or is just taking your word on how they sound (in Justin's ears we trust :))?

Hi Gordon,

I've just found out another person is getting some Duettas restored as a result of my rebuild thread here. In total, that makes three Duetta sales (that I know of - I suspect there are more) as a result of my rantings on the subject.

Anyway, yup - look forward to seeing your revised system pics, but be careful as the delay in doing so is treading on Rich's territory...:D

Justin

Justin... is this your latest convert?

Certainly a very tight system, if a tad dated.

stereo1.jpg

A case of blind faith, Martin Colloms and me.

"Martin Colloms' old Duetta Sig review caught my attention. Then I spent way too much time reading through the archives and also more recent threads (User211's rebuild thread is a good example) learning about Graz's ribbons, developing an appreciation to how much talent & effort is being expended keeping Apogee alive and gaining some level of comfort in the Duettas. Long story short is there's a pair of Rich Murry's Duetta Ultimates on the way."

Alarming image... he's all yours Todd:D

I'm a sharer.

But that aside...

So for clarification sake because maybe I missed something along the way, YOU Justin are not investing in a new pair of speakers, correct? You're basically just keeping us posted on conversion rates and general Apogee enthusiasm. If i've misinterpretted, pls expound.

Cheers

No, I am not. Only posting on the thread because Gordon and Bernard kicked it off again.

Anyway, I am going to a show this weekend. So the usual vids and pics should start to emerge in the next few days... together with the usual slanderous subjectivism:D

Hopefully, there will be some good kit there, but don't expect Munich, Hong Kong or RMAF levels of "highendity".

No, I am not. Only posting on the thread because Gordon and Bernard kicked it off again.

Anyway, I am going to a show this weekend. So the usual vids and pics should start to emerge in the next few days... together with the usual slanderous subjectivism:D

Hopefully, there will be some good kit there, but don't expect Munich, Hong Kong or RMAF levels of "highendity".

Which show?

Back