Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric Clapton and Friends ~ Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010

Attachments

• EricClaptonCrossroadsGuitarFestival2010_6034979487_500.jpg
    EricClaptonCrossroadsGuitarFestival2010_6034979487_500.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 2,108
I had an hour or so early this morning before anyone else was awake and got some good listening in...

Attachments

• tv-on-the-radio-dear-science.jpg
    tv-on-the-radio-dear-science.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,018
My Sunday late morning was filled with various top-notch orchestrations as heard during the movie "The King's Speech". IMO, a bit of cinematic mastery deserving of every award it might/should receive. Soundtrack: very, very good. Movie itself: amazing.

Attachments

• 51rJqLiJSZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51rJqLiJSZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 878
This morning I have been listening to my new Dave Brubeck CD "Legacy Of A Legend" and I really like it. I usually am not a big fan of "Best Of" type CDs, but this one has 21 hand picked tracks that go together real well. I bought this album after reading an article about his 90th birthday last December.

Attachments

• 41iBW9FsqCL._SS400_.jpg
    41iBW9FsqCL._SS400_.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 853
After listening to "shuffled" music from my PC/server, I listened to the new vinyl re-release by Rhino, of "Bean Bags", with Milt Jackson and Coleman Hawkins. I've got a few of these releases by Rhino and all are of fantastic audio quality. They are using the original analog masters to produce these albums and are doing a first rate job of it, IMO. I recommend this one highly.:D

1166122590_eSEYV-O.jpg

Last edited:
The music I listened to today was the sweet sound of my motorcycle engine. With temps in the mid to upper 70s today, it was a great day to ride!

I received this disc from a recent Amazon order and I've been really enjoying it. The band is Florence + the Machine and the disc is "Lungs"! Florence Welch fronts the band and handles most of the writing. This disc was released 10/2009 by the label Universal Republic. I'd say the genre is Indie/Alt/British rock. A few of my favorites include: "Kiss with a Fist", "Hurricane Drunk", "Cosmic Love" and "Blinding". Florence has epic vocals and quirky melodies!

Attachments

• 61xnT6WcaEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    61xnT6WcaEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 808
I received this disc from a recent Amazon order and I've been really enjoying it. The band is Florence + the Machine and the disc is "Lungs"! Florence Welch fronts the band and handles most of the writing. This disc was released 10/2009 by the label Universal Republic. I'd say the genre is Indie/Alt/British rock. A few of my favorites include: "Kiss with a Fist", "Hurricane Drunk", "Cosmic Love" and "Blinding". Florence has epic vocals and quirky melodies!

and she has quite a set of lungs on her too ;)

In Rainbows.

sitting in the sweet spot. FLAC version thru my Squeezebox. Whole album is fantastic, but "Jigsaw Falling Into Place" seems to be my favorite track today... "House of Cards" is phenomenal too.

Attachments

• In_Rainbows_Official_Cover.jpg
    In_Rainbows_Official_Cover.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 795
Great pic!

How do those Emotivas marry up with the Summits? From the looks of your feet, I have to assume it's toe-tappin-good listenin' ;)
Had them a few weeks Todd, 30 day trial ends in a week or so, won't be sending them back. Very impressed. Believe the hype. They also drive the CLS easily.
We need to have a listening session at your crib!!:rocker: Love that set-up!!
Mine next :D

Doug - out

Yeah we need to have another Chicago gathering. I've yet to here your system or Cherian's since he got the Monoliths.

Back