Summit Platform/install

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a great product bonzo.

Do you use spikes / cones between the speaker bottom and the top of the stand?

GG

Chai,

Here's the info on the BDR "pucks"

The "pucks" have a predrilled hole on both sises (1/4 X 20). The "puck pit" has one predrilled hole and an indent (pit) for the tip of a spike or cone.

Two sizes I would recommend.

1) Jumbo. 3-1/2" diameter / 1-1/2" high.

2) 2-3/4" diameter / 3/4" high. That's what I have.

Then there's the Mark III or Mark IV designation.

One is supposed to be voiced to be a bit "softer" on the sound. I have no idea what that's about except if you have a "bright" sounding system / room, you may want the softer version versus a warm sounding room / system, you may want the other version.

Regarding panel azimuth discussions, I've posted a bit on this and you can search my posts. You can also use the "search" key with words like panel tilt, panel rake angle, panel azimuth, etc.

Hope that helps.

GG

Hi, for the Townshend, the speaker is supposed to go on to the stands without the feet - take all the feet off. For the granite, I have them on the legs

I am planning to biy grnite slabs for my Vantages. They torn my floor into "probably the worst woofer in the world". It's actually a bit of a testimony to the ECT spikes. They direct much ,ore energy down than any spike I ever tried on any other speaker.

Back