Cinema High Voltage trouble shooting

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HK-Steve

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
Has been a while since I have been on the forum, but have been doing a catchup with lots of great posts.
I see my Shower Cleaning Thread is still going, great to see. I should update then PDF with suggested improvements.
Moved from Switzerland to UK 2 years ago.

Have an issue with my Cinema center speaker, lost all the midrange, the electrostatic panel. Bass and tweeter are running normally.
I have pulled apart the speaker and found the HV supply, I do not have a probe to test the HV, so am looking for advice on what to do next.

I have confirmed the 230v to the HV power supply, also the red led is ON.
All components look visually OK.

I saw on another post about making a HV probe from an old CRT tube TV parts, going to research that one. Or help from anyone here on that one.

I contacted a local authorised dealer here after contacting ML,, but no answer yet.

Appreciate any advice.
Cheers
Steve

Hi Everyone.
Has been a while since I have been on the forum, but have been doing a catchup with lots of great posts.
I see my Shower Cleaning Thread is still going, great to see. I should update then PDF with suggested improvements.
Moved from Switzerland to UK 2 years ago.

Have an issue with my Cinema center speaker, lost all the midrange, the electrostatic panel. Bass and tweeter are running normally.
I have pulled apart the speaker and found the HV supply, I do not have a probe to test the HV, so am looking for advice on what to do next.

I have confirmed the 230v to the HV power supply, also the red led is ON.
All components look visually OK.

I saw on another post about making a HV probe from an old CRT tube TV parts, going to research that one. Or help from anyone here on that one.

I contacted a local authorised dealer here after contacting ML,, but no answer yet.

Appreciate any advice.
Cheers
Steve
Steve,

I'm not able to help you with your Cinema question, however I have a question for you regarding showering a panel. What are the "suggested improvements"? I read through that thread and there's a lot of suggestions. What were you specifically talking about? (Simple green, temps, etc...)

Thanks,
Dan

Back