SL3 panels, what to do with them?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfire

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm replacing the panels on my SL3's, what can I do with the old panels?
Can I use them in my HT setup?
What do I need to connect them to my amp?

I'm open for any suggestions to re-use the SL3 panels!

Edward

What do I need to connect them to my amp?
Edward,

All you need to do is build a 2,500 to 3,000 volt DC very limited amperage power supply and the step up the audio signal about 50 times. Is this something you'd be comfortable doing?

Hi Cosmos,

Thanks for the reply.
I would be having a drawing of the layout and a parts list.

Edward

In my view he should never attempt to use the old panels in an HT set up because it will seriously affect the performance of his HT. I would advise him to throw them away. He should buy some new panels for his HT instead of thinking about reusing the old ones.

In my view he should never attempt to use the old panels in an HT set up because it will seriously affect the performance of his HT. I would advise him to throw them away. He should buy some new panels for his HT instead of thinking about reusing the old ones.

I have no idea what would make you think that...

He can go to Justrealmusic.com to buy kits/parts or have a complete supply built for him... There are other sources and how-to books as well. FYI, I am not affiliated with any of them, but I have had Russ repair some KLH Nines for me.

Thanks for the link, I will have a look.

Even if the sound is not optimal, they would be a replacement for 22 year old and tired Hepta’s (Dutch brand). And I think it’s a nice project for the winter

Back