Selling a pair of ESLs, need advice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelPemulis

Reaction score
Hey All -

I need to sell a pair of Martin Logan ESLs. I don't have the boxes any more, as I discarded them when I received (ah, the joys of apartment living) and didn't figure I'd be going anywhere anytime soon. Well life is what happens to us while we are making plans, and it now looks like I am moving into a much smaller space and need to downsize.

I live in Burlington Vermont. I don't have the boxes. I am a bit nervous about posting a high ticket item on Craigslist. Since I don't have the original boxes I am worried about shipping.

What do you guys think? What would you do if you were me?

Any help/experience/thoughts are greatly appreciated.

ML sells the boxes/packaging directly. They're not cheap, but that is the best way...

Hey All -

I need to sell a pair of Martin Logan ESLs. I don't have the boxes any more, as I discarded them when I received (ah, the joys of apartment living) and didn't figure I'd be going anywhere anytime soon. Well life is what happens to us while we are making plans, and it now looks like I am moving into a much smaller space and need to downsize.

I live in Burlington Vermont. I don't have the boxes. I am a bit nervous about posting a high ticket item on Craigslist. Since I don't have the original boxes I am worried about shipping.

What do you guys think? What would you do if you were me?

Any help/experience/thoughts are greatly appreciated.

If the speakers are in very good to excellent condition, contact Martin Logan and ask for the cost of new boxes. If the cost can be justified, you can then offer them on a site like this, or AudioGon, or even Ebay, and be able to ship them anywhere.

You could advertise them as pick-up without boxes or with boxes at the appropriate price. Buy boxes only after you have commitment to buy (or the money from the buyer).

Back