Sanders Sound Systems Show Schedule

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't heard anything about that vegas show... it is right around the corner. I might just have to make the trip out.

East Coast! - Finally.

And better yet, right here in Atlanta :rocker:

Angela, I hope to meet you and Roger in person this April.

In Atlanta? Supercool! I'll definitely make that show. Putting it on my calendar now. Jon, maybe we can get together for dinner at a nice restaurant?

I'll definitely run down to Atlanta!! Look forward to it!! Much easier and cheaper than one of the NYC or west coast shows!!

Anyone who hasn't experienced walking from room to room and hearing all kinds of equipment should do so. It's a great learning experience!

Wouldn't miss the opportunity....

OldMonolith

I might go with a friend who is also a audiophile. Maybe a few from the Tampa Bay Area can go as a group.

I was able to check out the room this weekend and I have to say that your combo sounded excellent - probably the best sound that I heard through the entire show. As much as I hate to say it, they blow away my summits. Better coherence, better imaging, better soundstage, at least as good impact. Excellent speaker. I only had 2 gripes with them: 1 ) I felt that off axis performance was much worse than the summits which would make them very difficult to utilize in a mixed HT/2ch environment and 2) I really don't like the overall aesthetics. If I was buying for a 2ch environment in a dedicated room, though, there is no way that I could buy ML before these.

I was able to check out the room this weekend and I have to say that your combo sounded excellent - probably the best sound that I heard through the entire show. As much as I hate to say it, they blow away my summits. Better coherence, better imaging, better soundstage, at least as good impact. Excellent speaker. I only had 2 gripes with them: 1 ) I felt that off axis performance was much worse than the summits which would make them very difficult to utilize in a mixed HT/2ch environment and 2) I really don't like the overall aesthetics. If I was buying for a 2ch environment in a dedicated room, though, there is no way that I could buy ML before these.

I thought off axis wasn't that bad. By off axis I mean that as long as you are within a 2 or maybe 3 person width area from the center spot. I thought if you were to sit in the sweet spot and move your head 2 feet to either direction l/r, then it would sound real bad. But it wasn't bad at all. Not as good as ML's sweet spot, but not at all bad.

I thought off axis wasn't that bad. By off axis I mean that as long as you are within a 2 or maybe 3 person width area from the center spot. I thought if you were to sit in the sweet spot and move your head 2 feet to either direction l/r, then it would sound real bad. But it wasn't bad at all. Not as good as ML's sweet spot, but not at all bad.

No, it wasn't a head in a vice listening situation. But, it was not a room full of people presentation.

No, it wasn't a head in a vice listening situation. But, it was not a room full of people presentation.

Hocky,

Forgive me if you've already posted an answer to this somewhere else... have you listened to the CLX and, if so, how would you compare the Sanders speakers? I only ask because replacing my Summit X with CLX was, for me, a HUGE step up in musicality, realism, integration, performance... etc etc etc. I'm listening to a redbook live guitar performance right now and the "there" factor is alarmingly "there". The other thing is that I'm pretty off-axis right now (in the back corner of my room at my PC with my back toward the speakers), and the sounds is crisp, lush, and full... doesn't feel at all off-axis.

I very much hope one day to audition Sander's products.

Cheers

I have spent some time with CLX's and I think that it is a better speaker than the 10c with the obvious exception of the low low stuff and bass dynamics. It seems that the CLX was more resolving and produces quite a bit larger sound that filled the room better. Of course, listening to speakers months apart and trying to compare makes it difficult to really say for sure. ;-)

I very much hope one day to audition Sander's products.

Cheers

Todd,

I would say Hocky pretty much has the comparison between the 10c and the CLX in line with my observations. I really like the 10c and Roger really knows how to make them sing. He had the room set up with 3 small chairs all on axis with the middle chear in the heart of the sweet spot and one chair in front of it and one chair behind. Also, Roger played only well recorded pieces that made the 10c's shine. His selection was robust enough to show the full range of the speaker. Additionally Sanders amps worked very well with the electrostats. I think ML lovers everywhere should put his amps on their short list when considering amp purchases. One of Rogers comments during our time there was how so many people don't really understand how much power (voltage) was needed to make the electrostats really come alive. Also, I would say the 10c's are fine even when you are off axis.

On the CLX front. As I said in another recent thread, "CLX's Rule"! A coulple of audiofiles from CES came by my place for a short visit as we were headed for dinner last weekend. One of them commented on how well the two Descents worked to fill in the bass for the CLX's. The Descents were not on.

Congrats on your CLX's you made a great choice. Now enjoy the music.

Regards,
Gary

Todd,

I would say Hocky pretty much has the comparison between the 10c and the CLX in line with my observations. I really like the 10c and Roger really knows how to make them sing. He had the room set up with 3 small chairs all on axis with the middle chear in the heart of the sweet spot and one chair in front of it and one chair behind. Also, Roger played only well recorded pieces that made the 10c's shine. His selection was robust enough to show the full range of the speaker. Additionally Sanders amps worked very well with the electrostats. I think ML lovers everywhere should put his amps on their short list when considering amp purchases. One of Rogers comments during our time there was how so many people don't really understand how much power (voltage) was needed to make the electrostats really come alive. Also, I would say the 10c's are fine even when you are off axis.

On the CLX front. As I said in another recent thread, "CLX's Rule"! A coulple of audiofiles from CES came by my place for a short visit as we were headed for dinner last weekend. One of them commented on how well the two Descents worked to fill in the bass for the CLX's. The Descents were not on.

Congrats on your CLX's you made a great choice. Now enjoy the music.

Regards,
Gary

Thanks Gary for the comments. Love the bit about how the visitors assumed the subs were on :)

Do you happen to recall the tunes that Roger chose to demo his 10Cs? I've come across some great stuff just be being mindful of what's being played during demos etc. To that end, I bought an amazing Dead Can Dance SACD after I heard a demo from this excellent Audiogon 2010 RMAF room-by-room review (with a slew of room recordings that mostly sounded fantastic... quite a feat for someone just bopping around various rooms doing quick field recordings).

http://live.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/ces.pl?&&RoomList&FM&&&&&&RMF10

Cheers

Roger had a Tascam solid state recorder playing through his system.

I'll post more photos from the show when I get a chance...

Attachments

• edStereoShow 141.jpg
    edStereoShow 141.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 200
  • edStereoShow 142.jpg
    edStereoShow 142.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 198
  • edStereoShow 145.jpg
    edStereoShow 145.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 195
although THE Show had some good speakers, besides the Sanders, these 2 were the only other ones that really REALLY impressed me.

Not even the huge VMPS speakers impressed me, at least not with their choice of music that I heard it play. But they did have a live band on stage being recorded and then the recording was played right away on the speakers right in front of the band. Unfortunately I missed the demonstrations. A few other really top notch companies sounded so so, but I think it was the choice of music again. (I almost fell asleep listening to the Krell system on the penthouse level - the only system there. The most boring songs were being played). I just wish I had a better camera...

Attachments

• edStereoShow 158.jpg
    edStereoShow 158.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 198
  • edStereoShow 192.jpg
    edStereoShow 192.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 198
Back