Ready to pull the trigger on TT! Need help again!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
***Time to return the CA and get the VPI!!***

Well, I called Music Direct just now. I was going to spend $3K total on TT, Cart & Pre when I ordered the Clearaudio from Audio Advisor. MD got me a $359 discount when recommending the below items that total to only $2K and he said it would sound better than if I were to get the Clearaudio system (with any of the $1k preamps I've mentioned). Why do you guys think?

DYNAVECTOR - 10X5 MC PHONO CARTRIDGE 2.5MV OUTPUT Item# ADYNA10X5
$430.00

SIMAUDIO MOON - LP3 in BLACK Item# AMOONLP3
$499.00

VPI - SCOUT & JMW-9 STANDARD **B-Stock** Item# AVPITTSCOUTBSTOCK
$1399

Just do it, your vinyl is just crying to be played at this point.:D

If you want to spend a little more money, I have a mint Rega P9 and brand new cartridge. PM me if interested....

If you want to spend a little more money, I have a mint Rega P9 and brand new cartridge. PM me if interested....

Sorry Jeff, but yesterday I shipped my Clearaudio back to AudioAdvisor and the day before I ordered the VPI Scout.

But thanks (to EVERYONE!!) for helping me with my New purchase decision!

Overture Audio in Ann Arbor, Michigan used to carry a line of very handsome turntable wall shelves. They had cone shelf supports and maple or cherry wood accents. I cannot seem to find them on-line, they were better looking than anything else and at a similar cost. I suppose you could call them if curious.

This shelf looks interesting to me because it gives extra room for all those things you need with a turntable. I'd put a nice felt lined wood box on the lower shelf and fill it with my stylus cleaner and brush, Zerostat gun, carbon fiber brush and record clamp (when not in use). I suppose that some record cleaning machines might even fit under there.

I'm guessing it's intended for a second turntable, but who operates a turntable without accessories cluttering up the place?

http://www.needledoctor.com/Target-...3eTaxiNaN0Te34Pa38Ta38Pch90?sc=2&category=209

Attachments

• target-double.jpg
    target-double.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 220
Overture Audio in Ann Arbor, Michigan used to carry a line of very handsome turntable wall shelves. They had cone shelf supports and maple or cherry wood accents. I cannot seem to find them on-line, they were better looking than anything else and at a similar cost. I suppose you could call them if curious.

This shelf looks interesting to me because it gives extra room for all those things you need with a turntable. I'd put a nice felt lined wood box on the lower shelf and fill it with my stylus cleaner and brush, Zerostat gun, carbon fiber brush and record clamp (when not in use). I suppose that some record cleaning machines might even fit under there.

I'm guessing it's intended for a second turntable, but who operates a turntable without accessories cluttering up the place?

http://www.needledoctor.com/Target-...3eTaxiNaN0Te34Pa38Ta38Pch90?sc=2&category=209

Yeah, I was thinking of getting this one over the 'POS' single shelf one I ordered, but my place is small. My 'POS' will be mounted near my sofa so that when I recline, my feet will be right under it. With the unit pictured (even though it looks like it would be more supportive), the bottom shelve would be kinda low and my feet would be in the way.

Yeah, I was thinking of getting this one over the 'POS' single shelf one I ordered, but my place is small. My 'POS' will be mounted near my sofa so that when I recline, my feet will be right under it. With the unit pictured (even though it looks like it would be more supportive), the bottom shelve would be kinda low and my feet would be in the way.
Peter, The shelf does not have to be mounted close to the floor. Note the holes in the top crosspiece; the unit has to be screwed directly to the wall studs, and can be mounted at any height.

Peter, The shelf does not have to be mounted close to the floor. Note the holes in the top crosspiece; the unit has to be screwed directly to the wall studs, and can be mounted at any height.

Correct Bernard. I thought of having it higher, but then thought best for it to be lower so that it would be level with the top shelf of my regular rack so that it wouldn't look funny next to it. Should all come in on Monday. I'll post pics to better explain the situation :)

I forgot that I removed several bricks and gallon of record cleaning fluid off the lower shelf of my homemade turntable stand. The record player was skipping around half the night before I figured out the problem.

A shelf would be nice.

UPDATE: The wall shelf is not on the website, might be discontinued. They still use/sell them at the store.

http://www.quadraspire.com/

Q4 Wall Bracket
http://www.divineaudio.co.uk/furniture/brackets/quadraspire-q4-wall-bracket-ex-shelf-/prod_853.html
quadraspire_q4wall.jpg

You could always have done this instead.:D
Seems like the ideal place to put a turntable power line conditioner, but the VPI PLC instruction manual warns you against doing this, for fear that the cartridge will pick up emanations from the PLC transformer.

BTW that shelf looks awfully thin for heavier turntables; the platter alone of my VPI weighs 22 lbs.

BTW that shelf looks awfully thin for heavier turntables; the platter alone of my VPI weighs 22 lbs.
It's what the local Linn dealer uses, I think they weigh much less than most VPI's.

Salesperson said acrylic version sounds best, then the wood, then the glass version which costs more for some unknown reason.

If you need to know something about Quadraspire, call Steve Daniels at The Sound Organisation. www.soundorg.com

He's the importer and very knowledgeable. He'll be able to give you the straight story....

Back