Martin Logan Theos - Starting from scratch on a small budget - I really need amp help

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majin tcz

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know asking about what amp to buy is the most asked question on this forum. I apologize in advance.

I'm finally separating my video components from my audio. I have a pair of Theos that had been previously powered by a Yamaha receiver and I'm looking to move to separates or an integrated amp.

My budget honestly is like $1500 or less for everything. I can pull this off with Emotiva but i'm also interested in other companies but from my searching I'm failing miserably due to the cost of the amp and the preamp. There are integrated amps from for example, Arcam that are within my budget but I do not know how well an integrated will perform with electrostatics.

Any direction is welcome.

Thanks everyone.

Try Parasound integrated if you don't mind used market, it's good mate for Logans. And I believe modern integrated amp has come a long way, many reputable brands has done a very good job of getting the best sound out of the integrated. Myself is using Micromega M100, and puts a big smile on my face every listening session.

Try Parasound integrated if you don't mind used market, it's good mate for Logans. And I believe modern integrated amp has come a long way, many reputable brands has done a very good job of getting the best sound out of the integrated. Myself is using Micromega M100, and puts a big smile on my face every listening session.

Yes I would echo to go with a Parasound integrated. If you can’t afford a new one see if you can find the previous version used. It’s just been updated about a year ago. My son had the previous version and he drove 13a’s nicely. It gives you a DAC, a theater bypass and analog inputs with adjustments for MM or MC TT if you so desire. Personally I would just save up for the few hundred $$’s you will need to get the latest but if you can’t wait then look for a used one both will work great and serve you well now and way into the future.

Also consider good quality, but older tech (in terms of latest surround and HDMI modes) but that have great amp sections A/V receiver. Something like the Anthem MRX700 has good specs, ARC room correction, and if possible, configure for paralled amps for L/R and bi-amp the theos. But that's a wierd routing scheme and might not be supported.

Many A/V guys are in the process of upgrading AVR's to get 4K and latest Immersive surround (Atmos) so the used market has plently of good value units out there, so you can even be picky.

Back