PrimaLuna

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin says my current Pre-amp, ARC SP 11 Mk II is a real good choice. He agrees with me that it's better than what ARC has produced more recently, plus I did (actually, had done) a bunch of up-grades to it. I do have one nonsense problem with either amp, though. He thought the KT-120 Tung Sol's might be the way to go, tube-wise, because of my ML's and the size of my room, but I've read that you can't use the cage with those because they're 1/2 inch taller. I show cats, so the cage is a plus, LOL. It's always the little things, right?

Just put the cats in the cage, that will solve the problem. (You have to give it a few days though)

What are you using for amp stands? It looks like some sort of acrylic box or something. If they flex at all, that might be the source of your wholly bass. I'd suggest trying something super rigid and inert under the amps to see what sort of improvements it might yield. I'm a big fan of Black Diamond Racing cones and pucks, but you could just try some pieces of wood or hockey pucks just to see if there is an effect for relatively sheep and if you like what you hear you could then decide how much money you might want to spend. Not only will your bass get tighter, but your imaging will improve as well.

I use the Mapleshade Maple platforms with their Isolation Blocks and Brass "Heavyfoot" footers. I actually use the thicker Platform under the amp. Look at my system's pictures. I use their Samson Racks and Platforms throughout my system. I tried one under an amp (the Cary 200.2), and was sold! I was astounded the difference it made, as I was when I assembled the Samson Equipment rack. When I tightened the final pieces everything snapped into sonic harmony. I find a lot of their ideas work very well, and I think the CD's they record are, by and large, superb sonically.
Or are you referring to "Projectormovielover"'s Prologue separates? I noticed that right away, too.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14619-System-461-(Theos

Last edited:
Lol..... Those amp stands gents are nothing but the highest quality foam packaging. I took that picture when I un-boxed them so now they are sitting on some huge rice crispie cakes my wife made for the amps

Back