PrimaLuna

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hola. If you are not seeking for high power, hi SPL level sound, those are a jewel to use with ML speaker. A little bit thick at the lower mid-range upper bass, but nothing to be worried about. Crystal clear highs, and deep bass. I do like them a lot. Happy listening.

Thanks for your input, Roberto. I'm looking at the Dialogue 5, and power is my only reservation. I have been using relatively high power s/s and hybrid stuff up until now, The Cary 200.2 and now the Rogue Medusa....but thinking about the PrimaLuna after speaking with Kevin (who is the importer, so may be a little less then totally objective, LOL). Also whether the Mono Blocs are worth the difference from the one-chassis Power amp.

Thanks for your input, Roberto. I'm looking at the Dialogue 5, and power is my only reservation. I have been using relatively high power s/s and hybrid stuff up until now, The Cary 200.2 and now the Rogue Medusa....but thinking about the PrimaLuna after speaking with Kevin (who is the importer, so may be a little less then totally objective, LOL). Also whether the Mono Blocs are worth the difference from the one-chassis Power amp.

I'll babysit the Medusa for awhile free of charge

The Medusa is a lovely unit, and I just upgraded the tubes (made a major difference!!). This addiction is a sickness. I wonder if there's a 12 step program...but first you have to want to, right?

The Medusa is a lovely unit, and I just upgraded the tubes (made a major difference!!). This addiction is a sickness. I wonder if there's a 12 step program...but first you have to want to, right?

First step is to send it to me...best route to recovery

Todd (tsv_1) initially used a pair of PrimaLuna monoblocks to drive his CLXes, and found them lacking in power.

I bought 2 mono's on april

Attachments

• IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0582.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 316
LOL

They sound great, they do not sound overly bright but once you break them in they are incredibly clear but remaining sweet and musical. I do not think the bass is all that great as it is a tad bloated but it works great on some tracks and you notice it less with native 192khz high resolution downloads.

I put in some good wireworld power cords and the bloating reduced alot and then adding gold electra's made them a better performer in the clarity department. They have a very good timing or decay? when it comes from one note ending and another starting.

I was listening to alice in chains mtv unplugged and I was hearing a diff tone inthe singing almost like he was out of key but he was not it was just the prima's letting me hear the music without it being colored

Are those the Prologues or the Dialogues, and the 6 or the 7 models? which tubes are you listening to?

They are the prologue 6 models that come with the el34's from primaluna. I wanted to burn em in all the way before I moved on to the shuguang kt88 treasures. To answer coolcobramatt, I am starting to feel that way so I went out and ordered the best pangea power cords and usb cable they offer to do some comparisons as I am starting to feel like a fan boy lol ....... they way its going though I fear it may not change. The pangea is the biggest most absurd ac cable I have seen in my life but it cannot hold a candle to the Electra ac and is slightly below par of the Aurora at this stage of the burn in. The usb cable is not that great either

Which ML's are you using them with? I was considering the Dialogue 7's if I go the Mono-bloc route, with the KT-88's. Although, he does have the "reviewer's sample" of yours up for what I think is a good price. The other question I'm toying over is whether the Dialogue 5 is big enough.

I would go with the mono's as they are going to sound better with their own PS. I use Vista and they are hard to get moving and these do pretty good but I dont like to listen real . You can add kt88's for bigger sound just like the pro 7's but I plan to have my 6's modded so no need for the higher price 7. If you have the cash then a pair of dialogue 6 mono's would wipe the floor with mine if you plan on listening at high volume

I would go with the mono's as they are going to sound better with their own PS. I use Vista and they are hard to get moving and these do pretty good but I dont like to listen real . You can add kt88's for bigger sound just like the pro 7's but I plan to have my 6's modded so no need for the higher price 7. If you have the cash then a pair of dialogue 6 mono's would wipe the floor with mine if you plan on listening at high volume

there are prologue 7's on Agon right now, I was considering them after you sent me that pic of yours and your glowing recommendation. So the d7's are a step above?

Last edited:
A very big step up from what I have, Loads of headroom and better bass,highs and separation. I would have got them myself but I had to buy a Dac, spkr cbls, ic's, pwr crds, usb cbls and amps all at the same time so these were the best I could get for the money

A very big step up from what I have, Loads of headroom and better bass,highs and separation. I would have got them myself but I had to buy a Dac, spkr cbls, ic's, pwr crds, usb cbls and amps all at the same time so these were the best I could get for the money

buy my Krell and I might grab them..dang it then I need another preamp..argh..sorry for hijack OP

For what its worth kevin steered me away from a prologue 3 preamp he said it would be a bad impedance match with my sunfire amp

So that leads me to my next question if you go monos what preamp?

Kevin says my current Pre-amp, ARC SP 11 Mk II is a real good choice. He agrees with me that it's better than what ARC has produced more recently, plus I did (actually, had done) a bunch of up-grades to it. I do have one nonsense problem with either amp, though. He thought the KT-120 Tung Sol's might be the way to go, tube-wise, because of my ML's and the size of my room, but I've read that you can't use the cage with those because they're 1/2 inch taller. I show cats, so the cage is a plus, LOL. It's always the little things, right?

Back