Paradigm sub

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsv_1

Reaction score
Interesting write-up on Paradigm's new mega-sub. Looks like impressively low distortion at high SPLs, and it also seems to plagiarize ML's tri-positioned vibration canceling driver placement within the cabinet... wonder if ML has a broad enough patent on that?

Anyway, this seems like it would be worth auditioning for anyone currently looking at the Descent or JL offerings.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/subw...digm-reference-signature-sub-2-subwoofer.html

Attachments

• paradigm-sub-2-subwoofer-front-main.jpg
    paradigm-sub-2-subwoofer-front-main.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 113
Looks serious. As far as the patent stuff goes, ML probably gets swept under the rug on that because they're now owned by the same people as paradigm, anyway.

If I had the room and the cash, the SUB2 would be mine. I would run a dedicated 240 line to it and let her rip.

wonder if ML has a broad enough patent on that?

They're owned by the same company and built in the same factory. Essentially, it probably IS a ML sub, built by the same people - but with an umbrella company that decided there was more money to be made by sticking a stylised "P" on the front instead of a stylised "ML".

Back